Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You NEED a car

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
I constantly have people telling me this.....I DO have a car, I HATE driving the stupid thing so we walk and take public transportation. This one friend in particular just loves busting my balls about it, she constantly says it's good to drive (no its not) it's cheaper to drive (again no its not) its better for my kids (nope) on and on and on and On.

seriously what's so damn bad about not driving unless I have to? I was really close to not even buying a car seat for our dd because we rarely drive.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:56 PM
I couldn't do that. I absolutely need my car. I think it's crazy but it's not my choice. I don't understand how she thinks it's cheaper though.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:56 PM

I'd LOVE to not need my car....omg. I don't blame you for not using it if you don't need it. Where I live, a car is a necessity sadly. At least gas prices are in the $2.00 range for now. 

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:57 PM

I don't understand why you would keep the car (pay for tags and insurance) if you never use it.  

wilky5
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:57 PM
If I lived somewhere with better public transportation options I'd probably drive less.
chicknabiscuit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Well,I agree about not using the car. I wish I had the option. But,I'm glad you bought the car seat. Never know what may happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:58 PM
We do use it, rarely but we use it.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

I don't understand why you would keep the car (pay for tags and insurance) if you never use it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:59 PM
We've used it once.....

Quoting chicknabiscuit: Well,I agree about not using the car. I wish I had the option. But,I'm glad you bought the car seat. Never know what may happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Why have a car if you don't drive it? I would sell if for cash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2015 at 12:01 AM
If I was walking distance to everything I wouldn't drive. But I dont. How do you carry all yourgrocery food you buy. I know stupid question.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2015 at 12:03 AM
We do drive it....do none of you know what rarely means?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why have a car if you don't drive it? I would sell if for cash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)