Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

attn those who wear glasses!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies

ive never had this issue before... I went to the eye dr today and I need a new prescription... they need to send them away to get the right lenses in...  I dont have a second pair. as my kids snapped my last two pairs. to the point of not being wearable...

the cheapest package for frames and lenses I have found is at walmart.. $65. my lenses are most of that... I have horrible eye sight... 

We cannot afford that right now.... 

I am not sure what to do... My eyes just keep getting worse over the yrs..... I cannot go with out glasses...  I cannot see without them...

ugh!

wwyd?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Buy some cheap ones from Walgreens? Sell something? Idk...good luck
TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:13 AM
Look for a charity or gov project that helps with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

If you have a prescription you can go to zenni optical or coastal.com and get a pair for cheap.

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM

We use Zennioptical.com they have cute inexpensive glasses, just need the rx and width and such. havent had issues with their glasses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Google the lens manufacturers. Some have programs to help those that can't afford what they need on their own.
sendsun
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting Anonymous 2:

If you have a prescription you can go to zenni optical or coastal.com and get a pair for cheap.

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, teaching your kids not to break things is free. Start there. My kids have never broken my glasses or sunlgasses.

Second, sell something to get your new glasses. Or jimmy rig your d ones somehow.
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:16 AM

Look up Carecredit. Apply.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:16 AM

whats walgreens? is that a drug store? that doesnt help I would still need to replace the lenses which would be at least $50 those frames were $12... and the lenses are the most basic I can get for my prescription(no scratch coating.. plastic.... thickness not changed) I have sold some stuff but cant seem to get anyone to buy anything else... a whooping $20 is all I got from selling stuff... 

thanks for trying to help though!

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: Buy some cheap ones from Walgreens? Sell something? Idk...good luck

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Start squirreling away money until you have enough for a complete, new pair.  A few more weeks with the old ones isn't going to kill you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)