Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which is better........

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM
  • 28 Replies
The lapband or gastric bypass? I'm looking into both. I have ploycystic ovarian so I gain weight easy but it's harder to take off. And I'm just not happy with myself. Just seeing what is better.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I don't know anything about either one so here's a bump 

slb235
by Grammar Police on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Neither.

Proper diet and exercise.

Tamara_3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Doesn't work, I can eat right, diet and exercise and in 4 months I'll only loss a little weight. I've tried that, I've tried different diets and I'll loss 10-15 lbs and then not drop anything after that.

Quoting slb235:

Neither.

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This maybe a stupid question, but have you tried a proper diet plan for a while?  I mean like a few months, not just a week or two.  Weight is hard to take off and it takes a while for the best of us.  For the rest of us (like me) it takes a Herculean effort.  I'm going to start WW tomorrow (sigh).  It works, but you have to work it.

Not saying WW is the best, any good diet plan works and WW is the best for my lifestyle but I know people who use all the different kinds (Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, NO carbs, Protein diet) and they work...again if you work it.

theTosh.O
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:21 AM

Do you mean you have polycistic ovarian syndrome?  If so, it can be managed by cutting out carbs.

slb235
by Grammar Police on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

It does work.  You're probably the one who isn't working.

Quoting Tamara_3: Doesn't work, I can eat right, diet and exercise and in 4 months I'll only loss a little weight. I've tried that, I've tried different diets and I'll loss 10-15 lbs and then not drop anything after that.
Quoting slb235:

Neither.

Tamara_3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:24 AM
Yes, I've done that too. I have tried everything and I just can't get pass a certain weight point.

Quoting theTosh.O:

Do you mean you have polycistic ovarian syndrome?  If so, it can be managed by cutting out carbs.

theTosh.O
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:25 AM

I understand that.  I always hit a plateau too.

Quoting Tamara_3: Yes, I've done that too. I have tried everything and I just can't get pass a certain weight point.
Quoting theTosh.O:

slb235
by Grammar Police on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:27 AM

How soon after starting a new diet do you introduce "cheat days?"

Tamara_3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:27 AM
Well Thx a bunch for making feel like total shit, I'm not broken, I know how to eat fight and me and my DH work out together. But hey Thx for the encouragement, I great appreciate!

Quoting slb235:

It does work.  You're probably the one who isn't working.

Quoting Tamara_3: Doesn't work, I can eat right, diet and exercise and in 4 months I'll only loss a little weight. I've tried that, I've tried different diets and I'll loss 10-15 lbs and then not drop anything after that.

Quoting slb235:

Neither.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)