Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out -- Mole Changes -- pictures of before and after *Anyone know about skin cancer issues???*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I have lots of moles, never really thought a lot of them at all.  When I was younger doctors used to check them but since I became an adult, no one has really brought it up, and I haven't really thought of it.  

So, I had this spot near my ear that I thought was a zit, but it never did anything just oozed clear liquid.  I knew I had a mole there so I just didn't mess with it.  Anyway, a month went by and I googled, "Acme under mole" and I got a tun of warnings about skin cancer.  

So, I blew it off, but decided to look up pictures of the before just to be sure.  

HOLY CRAP.  Now I'm freaking out.  It doesn't even look like the same spot on my skin.  It looks so different!  Has anyone ever had anything like this???  ***I emailed my doctor, I have an apt with her in 2 weeks anyway***

Before: 

How it is right now.  Freaking crazy right???  OMG-- this isn't the same spot.  Its not colored anymore and its not flat.. 

This is right now:

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:27 AM
Go get it checked. My grandfather has had skin cancer and some of his moles didn't look funny to any of the family but turned out to be serious. If you have any changes in size, color, or shape you are supposed to have it checked. Better to be safe than sorry, right? Good luck and breathe lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:28 AM
That doesn't look like a mole. It looks like a cyst posterior to your mole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:29 AM
No, sorry. My dd4 has a mole issue, but it looks much different than that.

It definitely looks different than before. I hope you find out some good news!
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:35 AM

I have things that look like those also, they are like skin tags.  Totally not cancerous.  I had them checked!  I would suggest you go to the dermatologist but don't freak out yet.  WebMD is NOT your friend.  

Actually, WebMD is a product of the Devil.  Made to induce fear and panic onto perfectly normal people.

fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:35 AM
Get checked to be sure.My DH's work has amazing insurance but to keep rates low we have to get annual physicals including a skin check by a dermatologist. I didn't know how important it was till a dermatologist explained how dangerous and fast skin cancer is. If you have any doubt or concern check with a dermatologist.
Piskie
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:36 AM
It's changed. Go get it seen. Most likely it'll be nothing. A cyst maybe... But just in case, you need to get it checked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:36 AM

Look at the before, clearly a mole.  Look at the after, there are ZERO dark spots on my ear area, only a raised area where it used to be...  

Quoting Anonymous 3: That doesn't look like a mole. It looks like a cyst posterior to your mole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Holy earlobes
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:40 AM

Mobile Photo

Mine isn't the same as yours, but I did have it checked out (very smart for you to be doing that). It turned out to be a pre-melanoma with a 40% chance of becoming full-blown melanoma in the next 3-5 years.
SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:46 AM

BUMP!

Agree enough said better safe then sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)