Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to do CIO

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

But seriously my youngest will be two in April and he is the WORST sleeper ever.  I am so tired of getting up AT LEAST two times a night with him....he needs a bottle or a diaper.  I wouldn't mind getting up once.  Someone please tell me how I can get him to sleep through the night.....tonight he has been up EVERY hour.....10, 11. 12, 1 and 2.  He can take a long nap without waking up but can't sleep through the night.  How can I help us both get some sleep!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:13 AM

And yes my husband gets up as well with him.....we are both equally sleep deprived.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop all naps, and put him to bed extemely tired .

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Give him his nap earlier?
What time is his nap?
Ray-of-Beezy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:20 AM
We co-slept and the transition from our bed to his bed was a piece of cake. He's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old, give or take. He's been in his own bed since he was 1.5ish, but every now and then will ask if he can snuggle in bed with us. He doesn't beg to sleep with us and never has since we transitioned, he just accepted no for an answer and still does if we want alone time. He's 5 now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:20 AM

Quoting twinmommy27: Give him his nap earlier? What time is his nap?

He naps pretty early.  We go to the park in the morning and he will fall asleep in the stroller on the way back.  I can't rouse him at all when he's napping, he's in such a deep sleep.  I tried to tickle him once and he slept right through it!  I wish it would happen at night.....right now he naps around 12 or 1 and sleeps for an hour to an hour and a half.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop his naps or put a time limit on them!
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
No more naps. He's apparently not tired enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:22 AM

Quoting Ray-of-Beezy: We co-slept and the transition from our bed to his bed was a piece of cake. He's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old, give or take. He's been in his own bed since he was 1.5ish, but every now and then will ask if he can snuggle in bed with us. He doesn't beg to sleep with us and never has since we transitioned, he just accepted no for an answer and still does if we want alone time. He's 5 now.

Co-sleeping doesn't help.....DS wants to be in his own bed now but we coslept up until a few months ago.  He was a terrible sleeper even then....he's welcome to co-sleep with us when he still wants to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:24 AM

Quoting Valentina327: No more naps. He's apparently not tired enough.

I'm going to try this, but my little guy gets SO much physical activity.  We go to the park almost every day and he plays, then he is outside playing for at least another 1-2 hours after his nap.  He should be exhausted.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:24 AM
It sounds like the same schedule my kids were on.

Maybe you could put music on before bed and have a little dance party to tire him out? Or something that will..

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting twinmommy27: Give him his nap earlier?
What time is his nap?

He naps pretty early.  We go to the park in the morning and he will fall asleep in the stroller on the way back.  I can't rouse him at all when he's napping, he's in such a deep sleep.  I tried to tickle him once and he slept right through it!  I wish it would happen at night.....right now he naps around 12 or 1 and sleeps for an hour to an hour and a half.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)