Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lice??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I picked my daughter up from school yesterday and we went to the post office to drop off a package. While waiting in line I was talking to my daughter and noticed something on the top of her hair, I looked closer and it was a tiny bug crawling around. It was out on a strand high up so I just flicked it off. I have no idea what it was, but my mind went right to lice.

So when we got home I checked her hair liked three times and didnt see anything at all. After she washed her hair I checked it wet too (supposed to be easier to see). Nothing!! No other bugs and no nits. I checked again this morning and still nothing, nothing at all.

Could it have just been a bug?? Do lice crawl out in the open like that?? Wouldn't I have found something else??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Marihla7
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:27 AM
I wouldn't worry but after reading that my head is itchy.
that_mom_mary
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:35 AM
Ughhh lol Im itchy now! If it were lice you wouldn't be able to Flick it away, they grab right on to the hair shaft. How do I know? My kids school had The Great Lice Outbreak of 2012. My dd didn't get it thank god but it was bad! Apparently this lady kept sending her kid back in without making sure it was all cleared up, said kid was in my son's class and at one point his class was all boys as all the girls got it. They finally put their foot down and told the mother not to bring the child to school unless she had a doctor's note saying she was clear. But I combed thru my kids heads obsessively.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:38 AM

It was probably just a bug.  Lice are tiny, tiny creatures--you practically need a magnifying glass to see them.  And I've never heard of anyone flicking one off before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)