Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you call?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM
  • 26 Replies

update*  i did call the school and speak with the dean. According to him she wasnt still suppose to be in captive lunch.  He said he didnt know why her name had still been on the list but that he would fix it.  when she got home that afternoon she did told me she had regular lunch.  i'm glad i called.

i have about an hour before i can call so looking for some opinions. 

last week my dd got in trouble in school.  Long story short a boy poured applesauce on her head and she ended up throwing apple sauce at him. she was given a 2 hour inschool detention during her last 2 periods that day. Then the rest of the week she had captive lunch. (lunch detention) where she is not allowed to eat a hot lunch. This week she's still in captive lunch and the boy is not.  There was some kind of incident on Friday where another student started making funny pig sounds and several kids laughed at it including my dd. they got yelled at because of it.  however my daughters punishment for laughing is extra days of captive lunch. the other students who laughed do not. the girl who made the sounds does not.  would you call the dean and demand she be taken out of captive lunch?

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM
I'd call and find out why she is serving a punishment and the other kids are not. If I think their reasoning is fair, even if the other kids got off with lighter sentences, I would let her finish the punishment.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

I would flip out. 

your daughter defended her self, i would flat out tell them that next time she has been instructed not to throw food but to throw a fist. 

thats horse shit he was the initiator his punishment should be worse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Your daughter may not be telling you the whole truth. I dont think they would be singling her out for nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:13 AM

No I would let the school decide what punishment they should hand out. They are the one's who make the rules and deal with the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Hell yes I would. Why is she being singled out?

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I would question her story, I don't think she is telling the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Honestly I wouldn't be one of those parents.  Your child is lying and is not perfect.

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:16 AM

What kind of bullshiot is it to punish a kid by denying them a hot lunch?  That's wrong right off the top.  And why is the kid who began this not being punished?  I'd be in there in person and want to speak to the principal about the unfairness of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:16 AM
This.

Unnecessarily aggressive parents are the worst.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No I would let the school decide what punishment they should hand out. They are the one's who make the rules and deal with the kids.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Your daughter may not be telling you the whole truth. I dont think they would be singling her out for nothing.

i've noticed her punishments tend to be harsher than others.  not that she's the only kid who gets punished but last year was a rough year for her and we've been having issues with it since her suspension.  

last year she was with some kids who decided it would be a good idea to throw rocks thru the windows of a parked school bus. She was no where near school property and long after school let out.  the incident was caught on video tape and she was not one of the kids throwing a rock. She got a weeks suspension.and they tried to give her a superintendant supsension it just didnt happen.  but ever since then i noticed her punishments are much worse than some of the other kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)