Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cafemom lawyers get in here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
So last Friday my dad got informed that he is being sued. Apparently 3-4 weeks ago a woman fell outside of his car dealership. She didn't call 911 or notify anyone that she fell. Too much time has gone by and the camera footage has been taped over. The day in question there was a photographer taking pictures of cars and the lot was clear of ice & snow. Then the woman came in to talk with him yesterday he told her any correspondence had to go through the lawyers now because she chose to sue him. There's still no proof she fell on his property. Also she didn't seek medical care until 3 days later for an unrelated health issue. Were in MA how much of a case does this woman have.

I say hands down no proof and if she was so hurt she should have gone right to the er from his dealership via ambulance. She could have fallen anywhere.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:35 AM
No proof and your father has proof the lot was cleared. She's going to lose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:43 AM
Thats what I thought. Hes just pisses this is going to cost him thousands in legal fees i think he should counter sue for his court costs. If someone did fall he would definitely make sure they were ok. But don't not seek care then decide to sue someone that didn't even know you got hurt. He thought it was a joke.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No proof and your father has proof the lot was cleared. She's going to lose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM
I think he should sue her for legal costs maybe it would teach her a lesson.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats what I thought. Hes just pisses this is going to cost him thousands in legal fees i think he should counter sue for his court costs. If someone did fall he would definitely make sure they were ok. But don't not seek care then decide to sue someone that didn't even know you got hurt. He thought it was a joke.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No proof and your father has proof the lot was cleared. She's going to lose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM
I'm not a lawyer but I absolutely think you can sue for legal fees. I wouldn't sue for any more than that, but I'm sure others would even recommend you sue for lost wages while in court.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats what I thought. Hes just pisses this is going to cost him thousands in legal fees i think he should counter sue for his court costs. If someone did fall he would definitely make sure they were ok. But don't not seek care then decide to sue someone that didn't even know you got hurt. He thought it was a joke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Its just crazy to think you can sue someone for something that they don't even know happen. He would have driven her to her dr himself if she notified someone that she fell. But to fall then be able to get up and drive away. Something is fishy

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think he should sue her for legal costs maybe it would teach her a lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM
He needs to turn it over to his insurance company. They deal with this stuff all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM
I was telling him to counter sue hes just pissed that he has to deal with this. His camera system tapes over footage after 48 hours so if something happens he needs to know quickly. The pictures from the photographer should be proof enough they take pics of all angles of the car in different parts of the lot so it shows that its clear.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm not a lawyer but I absolutely think you can sue for legal fees. I wouldn't sue for any more than that, but I'm sure others would even recommend you sue for lost wages while in court.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM

She probably has very little chance of winning.  My father had a similar situation.  His dental practice is next to a resturant/bar.  He was sued after a woman left the bar and fell on the sidewalk in front of his office.  All he had to do was show pics that the sidewalk was perfectly maintained.  She suffered a sprained ankle and then her husband sued for loss of compansionship (basically no sex).  The entire lawsuit was a joke.  I don't even think it made it into court.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM
Yes something is fishy. If I fell on a business property I would fill out an incident report with the business and get checked out at the Er that day. She has no proof at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its just crazy to think you can sue someone for something that they don't even know happen. He would have driven her to her dr himself if she notified someone that she fell. But to fall then be able to get up and drive away. Something is fishy

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think he should sue her for legal costs maybe it would teach her a lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM
He tried he doesn't have that type of coverage. He owns his building and land outright. He gets the bare minimum insurance for everything. It drives me crazy i like full coverage he doesn't. Cant change how an old school Italian man thinks.

Quoting Anonymous 4: He needs to turn it over to his insurance company. They deal with this stuff all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)