Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training plea for help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My youngest DD is two, and we attempted potty training a couple of months ago, but she just was not having it. The issue is that she won't pee or poo for anybody else but me when she has a diaper on.

If I leave her with DH or our nanny (who has cared for her since birth, not new), or even just leave the room and she needs to go she will scream until either I return or they take the diaper off, and then she will go. But no matter how much we encourage and praise her she refuses to on the potty or toilet. She even does this at night when we have her sleep in her own bed instead of with DH and I.

Has anybody else ever dealt with this issue and can offer any advice on how to deal with it? It is becoming really stressful to have her clinging to me 24/7 like she is at the moment.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jcm28
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Sorry I can help my four year old won't poop in potty. They just do it when they are ready?
LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:53 AM
Stop putting diapers on her. Get some good cloth trainers online.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:53 AM

She obviously isn't ready to potty train yet. Give her all the information and a potty chair, dvd and underwear and then step way back and let her decide when it's time. Give her the control and you'll be surprised at how quickly it happens and how easily. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM

She doesn't sound ready. Give it time.

raschwittay
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Let her run butt naked in the house. She will get the idea of when she needs to go, just go. There are not barriers. That's what helped train my boys.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:22 AM
Wait! There is no magic age to learn to potty on the toilet. Let her tell you when she is ready, with cues like eatin' .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)