Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much allowance should I give my husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

basically, he wont work. i work 50 hours a week at a hospital as an RN. he takes care of the kids and i work my butt off really hard. he thinks i should give him some money. how much money should i give him? i already pay all the bills

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missdameanor
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:04 AM

1 dollar a month. Hand him 12 bucks and tell him not to spend it all in one place, because he won't get any more for a year! =D

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Why won't he work?

If the tables were turned and you were home with the kid's, would you want a little bit of money and see the money brought into the home as shared?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:04 AM
None. Make him a chore chart and make him earn it .25 at a time. Lol. Seriously though. Dump his lazy ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Nothing tell him to get on the corner or tell him to make those wooden fabric letters or cakes for extra $$
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
So this isn't a stay at home parent situation you guys agreed on? If it was, I would say it was wrong to keep any money from him.

But if he WON'T work and you want/need him to, that's a different story. I'd tell him to get a job if he wants extra spending money.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Hre doesn't have access to the account?

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:08 AM
I would only see the money as shared, if both parties agreed that one of them should stay home. Which certainly doesn't sound like the case here... lol
l

Quoting PPCLC:

Why won't he work?

If the tables were turned and you were home with the kid's, would you want a little bit of money and see the money brought into the home as shared?

momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

So hes a SAHD, saving you the cost of daycare.  He deserves some spending money.  Id do 25-50 a week, if he wants something big he can discuss it with you or save for it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Yet, women who stay home and look after the kids are praised and told that they should have unlimited access to their husbands money.  Hey look yet another double standard. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: None. Make him a chore chart and make him earn it .25 at a time. Lol. Seriously though. Dump his lazy ass.

jjames1990
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Honest question here, is he not responsible enough to share the money you make without an allowance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)