Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg how did you do it???!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I need YOUR tips and advice about getting through my labour pain free... I'm Havering a vbac and I really want have an unmedica:)ted birth.. thanks in advance:)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM

You need to find what helps you relax. It was different and a few things the same. Water is called the midwifes epidural. Water is very comforting. You just don't want to get in to early. It can slow labor down. Birthing ball/yoga ball is relaxing for some and can help positions baby. Music, low lights, mediating, massage, touch, someone talking in a low voice(I will say with my first I hated anyone talking but didnt' mind with my other two).

My third my midwife got me so relaxed in the tub. That is was just a cramp but it was never pain free. I learned what helps me relax and keep the cramping down. Everyone is different.

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Pain free? Hahahahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:17 AM
Medication free, is deffintley what I mentioned to say ..

Quoting Melbornj:

Pain free? Hahahahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:18 AM
Stupid stupid correct

Quoting Anonymous 1: Medication free, is deffintley what I mentioned to say ..

Quoting Melbornj:

Pain free? Hahahahaha

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM

I have had medicated and unmediated births, no more babies for me but I wish I could go back to my first two births and have a redo and make them medicated.  A hundred times better for me.  I hope you get some great answers.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Medication free, is deffintley what I mentioned to say ..
Quoting Melbornj:

Pain free? Hahahahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't get your hopes up about pain free. It probably will hurt, but it's a manageable, tolerable pain. You have to remind yourself that your body knows what it's doing and soon enough you are going to be holding a sweet baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM

My birthing center offered a birthing class that was really informative. Check around for something like that in your area.

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I did it medfree twice, both times I was induced. Broke my tailbone in labor the one time and still got through it. Definitely the worst pain of my life, but getting through is all mental strength. Relax as much as you can and focus on the end goal. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:32 AM

I had an epidural after I felt 1 contraction. I wouldn't have had a kid if I there wasn't drugs to stop the pain.

svolkov
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM
I did my first with no meds. I have scar tissue on my cervix and it was excruciating. I couldn't relax enough with my Second to dilate. 15 mins after my epidural I delivered my son.

I did a walking epidural with my third which was amazing.

Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)