Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading Bible verses over the intercom at public school most mornings!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:05 AM
  • 49 Replies

It shouldn't surprise me, since they advertise revivals, pass out Bibles and teachers have even been known to preach that crap during class in my kids school. So now dd tells me they read Bible verses over the intercom every morning. Wow. Nice. At what point is it time to stand up and say something? I think it's getting there....

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Like, yesterday.

Keep religion out of public schools!

A_McCool
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:07 AM

It was time to say something a long time ago.

Advilplease
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM
If that happened at my school when I was a kid I would say that's cool but every other day I want to recite a quran verse on the intercom. Bet that would make them stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have said something when they were passing out bibles.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:10 AM

I agree. I just don't want to make things hard for my kids. This is a very conservative area, that hugely southern baptist. I willl be shunned probably, which I don't care about so much, but my kids are another matter. My dd has already been mistreated by a teacher because she told her she wasn't a Christian.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Like, yesterday.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:11 AM
I agree with keeping religion out of schools but I also agree with free speech. If it is student driven, and the majority of students are Christian , I think you need to let it be. Tolerance is a two way street.
Maybe your child could read a few lines from a poem that they find inspirational? If the Bible verses aren't inflammatory, then your child should also avoid anything inflammatory, also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:11 AM
When i was in high school they passed out bibles so me and a few friends got pamphlets on satanism and things like that. They stopped the bibles real quick.

Quoting Advilplease: If that happened at my school when I was a kid I would say that's cool but every other day I want to recite a quran verse on the intercom. Bet that would make them stop.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:11 AM

That sounds like my worst nightmare ._.

Quoting circle_of_life:

I agree. I just don't want to make things hard for my kids. This is a very conservative area, that hugely southern baptist. I willl be shunned probably, which I don't care about so much, but my kids are another matter. My dd has already been mistreated by a teacher because she told her she wasn't a Christian.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Like, yesterday.

Advilplease
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Hahaha that my friend is gold

Quoting Anonymous 1: When i was in high school they passed out bibles so me and a few friends got pamphlets on satanism and things like that. They stopped the bibles real quick.

Quoting Advilplease: If that happened at my school when I was a kid I would say that's cool but every other day I want to recite a quran verse on the intercom. Bet that would make them stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Oh, hell no.  I would be calling FFRF and asking them to send a cease and desist letter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)