Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe she threw an 8 yr old out!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
Well my exactly, but what do you think of this?

8 yr old child has severe behavioral issues. He's in meds and in counseling. He refuses to get dressed in the morning. No matter what the parents do, he flat out refuses to change into his clothes and get washed. When the parents try to physically force him he flips out hitting, screaming, kicking, etc. Parents need to get to work, no matter how early they get up this morning scenario occurs every day. One day mom decided to just "throw" her child outside to get into the car with no coat, socks, shoes (wearing pants and t-shirt). It's cold outside and there's ice everywhere from the last few snow storms.

Is this abusive?

ETA: The chikd was given socks, shoes, sweatshirt and coat in the car.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:49 PM

I guess they could terminate their rights and "throw" him in an institution. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
No because what else is she supposed to do? She can't risk getting fired for being late all the time due to his behavior. My 3 yr old went through a phase refusing to put his clothes on in the morning and I was tired of wrestling with him to put his clothes on so I took his clothes and put him in the car in his undies. It wasn't cold out but by the time we got to daycare he put his clothes on.
Emycf
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Natural consequences. If it's time to leave and you're not ready it is still time to leave.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I'd have done the same thing, but I would have carried his clothes with me in a bag so he could either dress in the car or once he got to school.  

imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:50 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Agreed. Sorry you had to deal with that!

Quoting owl0210: No because what else is she supposed to do? She can't risk getting fired for being late all the time due to his behavior. My 3 yr old went through a phase refusing to put his clothes on in the morning and I was tired of wrestling with him to put his clothes on so I took his clothes and put him in the car in his undies. It wasn't cold out but by the time we got to daycare he put his clothes on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Well, if all else fails, I don't see a problem with showing the kid the natural consequence for his actions. Don't want to get dressed? Fine, I won't force you. Go on outside and think about that choice. Did she give him the option to go put clothes on afterwards?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Left that part out, the clothes were give. To him in the car.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I'd have done the same thing, but I would have carried his clothes with me in a bag so he could either dress in the car or once he got to school.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting Emycf: Natural consequences. If it's time to leave and you're not ready it is still time to leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:52 PM
The shoes, socks, sweatshirt and coat were given to him in the car.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Well, if all else fails, I don't see a problem with showing the kid the natural consequence for his actions. Don't want to get dressed? Fine, I won't force you. Go on outside and think about that choice. Did she give him the option to go put clothes on afterwards?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)