Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you teach your children it's okay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
To smoke marijuana if it's illegal, what's that really teach them? It teaches them it's okay to break a law you don't agree with. It's a slippery slope from there. They might not agree with the price of gum, might as well just take it because mom says I can break laws that I don't like. Etc
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
okeydokie
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM
I agree.

Eta. SD has had her provisional license for almost a year now. She is not allowed to drive other people without a licensed adult in the car. (There are a few exceptions). We make her stick to this law even though most of her friends' parents allow them to drive their friends around. Why? It's the law. We believe in abiding by the law. Even when her and her friends go out to lunch, or she goes on a date with her boyfriend, they all drive separate.
tinybluemoon
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:14 PM
Who teaches their kids to smoke marijuana?
hashtagRC
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Agreed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM
A lot of mom's here say they smoke it around their children. I didn't say teach them to smoke. But you're pretty much doing it anyway. Kids live what they learn

Quoting tinybluemoon: Who teaches their kids to smoke marijuana?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Agreed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM
My mom never taught me to smoke weed. I learned from my friends. It's legal where I live but I will not encourage my kids to smoke weed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM
I agree.

Same goes for rules at school.
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM

I agree. I have no issue with marijuana or drugs in general. It's your body, you should have the right to put whatever you want into it. BUT you don't get to break the law just because you don't believe the law is right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Agree. I'm for legalization, but I don't agree with using it before it is legal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:19 PM
I agree. I don't smoke it because it's illegal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)