Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama phone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I am sitting here at a plasma donation center. Yes, I am going to try this. But these two women are talking about their Obama phones. What the he$$ is that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djamommyoftwo
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:08 PM
I think It's like a go phone that you get like food stamps.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a cell phone with limited service for the people on fixed income or public assistance.  The program has been around since George W Bush.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:09 PM
Lol.....there was an Obama Phone tent set up at our local Walmart not too long ago. There was a woman with a ton of little kids in tow, in her pajama pants, filling out her application while smoking a cigarette. I was hysterical laughing at how cliché the whole picture was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:10 PM
Yeah,I just Googled it. Answered my own question. Lol. Seriously?. Having a cell phone is a right and not a privilege?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Welfare phone.  Yes, it's yet another waste of taxpayer dollars on people who refuse to work.

anotherandree
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:13 PM

I donate my old cell phones to a similar program.  It is for people with low income (not just FS low income), women in domestic shelters, and elderly people with no real relatives.  Some programs allow *some* minutes but mostly it is used to call 911 if needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:20 PM

My sil has one and it isn't worth a crap.It barely works at all now,which is great because she can't call us anymore and we rarely get through when trying to call her.More than fine with me!

She used to be able to access the web with it and use it just like any cell phone (the cheap kind).I don't know what's wrong with it now,but I hope nobody finds out.Been so peaceful here lately!

RavensRose
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It's actually the "Reagan" phone.

Back when Reagan was President a program was started that gave low income people access to a phone. Back then the program provided a phone land line (program is now giving out cell phones). For some reason, lots of people only heard about this program after Obama became President. So, it's been deemed the "Obama phone" by people who don't know any better.

summerlove3677
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Do you mean hell?  Instead of he$$  I mean, you an adult.  If you can't even spell out hell then maybe you shouldn't use it at all lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe I just don't have a trashy mouth. But I fucking know how to say hell. Better? :)

Quoting summerlove3677:

Do you mean hell?  Instead of he$$  I mean, you an adult.  If you can't even spell out hell then maybe you shouldn't use it at all lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)