Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, now I feel terrible

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:34 PM
  • 82 Replies
I started crying at work in front of a parent looking for residential placement for their intellectually disabled adult son. I was meeting with the dad talking about potential homes and family matches for his son. All he did was ask me how many children I had and it hit me out of nowhere. I couldn't hold back. I managed to eep out that it was a sensitive subject for me right now.

I pulled myself together, but the poor guy felt so bad and it wasn't his fault. He didn't do anything wrong. Here I am a professional, doing a career that I've been doing for 20+ years, and I lost it. He shouldn't have to feel bad. I'm so mad at myself right now.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

Don't be mad about it.  You couldn't help it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, it happens, just let it out. Sounds like you need to. Hugs. He understands I'm sure. I did that the the Electric Company guy and he hugged me.

PrincessPizza
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
It happens. I still lose it sometimes and it's been 8 years. Hugs, honey, I wish you ask the love and support you need when you're grieving
RockMyBliss
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That must have been hard! I'm sorry. That poor guy probably felt awful!
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Decent people understand. It's been nearly a decade since I lost my daughter and I still feel like I got punched in the gut when asked that question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. :(

It happens, don't feel bad about it. You're a person with emotions not a robot. I'm sure he understood!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. Maybe send him a short email apologies for the tears and give him some more info for his son.
Don't be mad little things like that happen. I can't smell coconut Sun tanner stuff with out a mini melt down. My mom sucks lol
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
There will always be hard days, Sometimes you just can't help when it hits you :(
(((Hugs)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry to hear that but I'm kind of lost on why you cried can someone please fill me in.
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You're allowed to cry. You're allowed to have emotions and they are allowed to show. I'm sorry you had a hard day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)