Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confessions of a school custodian.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I was hired off of craigslist when I worked as a third party cleaning service for the school this was last year before I was hired by the actual school.

The schools does hire third party for about half the price of a real custodian.

I know about your gambling addiction since I change your trash can and the bathroom trash can and the fact that I can figure out where you have been all day by where your tickets are. I am worried about you.

I dance in the halls when your not there.

I have witnessed my boss twerking in the halls.

I will watch you in the halls, you just might not notice it.

We play pranks on each other at night. Last time my boss almost had to change her pants because we scared her pretty good.

Teachers we notice when you think we are beneath you and we most likely hate you for it.

Teachers if you treat your night custodians well, we remember that and are willing to do a lot more for you.

We like candy and bake goods. 

For the love of all that is holy DO NOT USE A VAPORIZER ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. I know that it might not have nicotine in it. I am told to kick you off school grounds if I see it anyways.

Parents please don't drop off your 7 year old child with a sibling for sports games. Half of the time the sibling abandons them and I have to figure out how to keep them out of trouble. I am not a babysitting service.

We have favorite teachers too.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Love your post. I was a school custodian for seven yrs . I liked it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I love it too, it has its ups and downs but its over all fun.

Quoting HotMomma2622: Love your post. I was a school custodian for seven yrs . I liked it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Bump
BoogsBun
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:30 PM

We had the best custodian when I was in high school, though I never really saw her clean anything. She was god knows how old, and had worked as the custodian, since the high school first opened.

I always wondered what kind of secrets she knew. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM
One of the first rules I was told by a veteran teacher was to make friends with the secretary and the custodians.

I worked for 2 years as a maintenance worker at a state park, I have nothing but respect for the custodial staff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:35 AM
She was a day person if you saw her hanging around during school time. Duties include fixings things changing lights, snow removal, cleaning up after lunch and answering pages. There is a bunch of other stuff but yeah.

Quoting BoogsBun:

We had the best custodian when I was in high school, though I never really saw her clean anything. She was god knows how old, and had worked as the custodian, since the high school first opened.

I always wondered what kind of secrets she knew. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)