Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 80s was the most awesome decade. EVER

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:57 PM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is why you hear 80s music in elevators, stores, etc - because no one can get enough of it! I can tell when I talk to a customer on the phone as well that they are from that decade because people from that time have a sense of humor that you just don't find anymore. Don't be jealous. Maybe your next life...

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whisper4271
by Sunshiney on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:00 PM

BUMP!

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:02 PM
I think they just "update" their music every 20 yrs lol
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  Well I was a kid in the 70's and 80's.  Most people would agree that I was born in the most perfect year ever-1969.  I loved the 70's just a little bit more, but the 80's come in at a very close 2nd.

Chirinos
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I absolutely love the 80's that's the only music I will listen to. My favorite singers/bands from that decade is Michael Jackson is number 1 by far I have a whole collection of Michael Jackson stuff at home. Bon Jovi number 2. Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Alice Cooper
jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:11 PM
Yesterday, while I was in the grocery store, I heard 'Only Women Bleed'.
I never hear that song on regular radio stations.....ever!

Quoting Chirinos: I absolutely love the 80's that's the only music I will listen to. My favorite singers/bands from that decade is Michael Jackson is number 1 by far I have a whole collection of Michael Jackson stuff at home. Bon Jovi number 2. Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Alice Cooper
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM
I'm partial to the 20's. The 80s do nothing for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM

In your opinion maybe.Nothing to be jealous of.I just don't agree with you.

jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We just saw a band last Saturday called Denim and Leather. On the poster it said 'We're going to party like it's 1989!'

Although I'm not a big fan of Satriani and Malmsteen, they did a pretty good job!

At the very end, they asked what they should play. Told my SO to yell out WASP, and they actually played a song by them.

I wouldn't mind seeing those guys again!

I'm definitely a fan of the 80's. Music and movies!
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Nah, I think Motown (from the 60's) and 70's music was better.  There are a few bands from the 80's that were good, but not the majority.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I was a kid throughout the 80s and a teen of the 90s. I had a very very good time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)