Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you think she was justified or should be be punished?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
this happened in my neighborhood recently. There's a 13yo special needs boy who lives here, I'm not sure what his disabilities are exactly but he seems mentally younger, doesn't speak well, etc.

He was walking with some other boys he tries to befriend all the time. They were talking about "boobs" and just being gross teens I guess. When a girl a year above them walked by, he grabbed her and groped her breasts from behind. She elbowed him, he stumbled and she punched him in the face, which broke his nose and ran away.

His parents think she should be punished, called the police etc. the police are still investigating but probably won't press any charges because it was self defence, her parents have declined to punish her at all and she's openly said she doesn't feel bad about it because he's a "stupid, disgusting little pervert".

Wdyt?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barnowl73
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:41 PM
GOOD FOR HER!
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely justified. I wouldn't punish her either. Why do we send the message to today's youth that it is ok for young men to sexually assault young women?!
FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM
I don't think she should be punished. It sounds like she was attacked from behind. The main word in that sentence is attacked. I'm sure she was frightened. It may have only been one boy who grabbed her but he was with a group of boys. I would have been frightened as well.
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Good girl

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

This post was done before, I remember replying to it, except it happened at a public pool or a camp last time... I'm not even on here all that much, so I'm sure someone else will remember.

A.Whovian
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:44 PM
We should be teaching girls that they won't be punished for protecting themselves. Why should she be punished when he assaulted her? If anything HE should be punished for assaulting her.
taylorsmom1987
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:46 PM
She was justified to me that is sexual harassment
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:46 PM

She should get an award.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:47 PM

If it was my son i would not allow him out of the house for a long time alone. He cant behave right he should not be outside alone. 

MrsRA
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM

The boys parents should be more concerned with their son's behavior! They better figure out how to stop him from doing things like that or he'll end up in serious trouble. 

As for the girl, she was totally in the right, if I were her parent I'd be proud of her! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)