Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very scary incident!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

My baby was sick today with a little cold, but it was pretty warm, so I decided to take a walk w/ him in his stroller so maybe he would take a nap in there and relax..  We took a walk to my bank so I could deposit my check. My bank is about 20-30 minutes away walking. Everything was fine on the way. He ate some fruit in his stroller and drank his bottle, then fell asleep. But on the way back home, he woke up fussy. Tried to rock him back to sleep, it didn't work, he didn't want his pacifier or bottle, so I just picked him up and carried him with one hand, while pushing my stroller with the other. Well, he had a full blown tantrum, kicking, and crying. I headed home quickly with him in my arms. Some very skinny guy suddenly materialized in front of me. He yelled, "he wants attention!" I started walking away a little faster. Then he yelled, "give me the baby!!" He was 2 inches away from us. I yelled back, "No! I don't know you. My baby is sick!" At this point I am almost stuck, I'm feeling terrified, afraid he was going to snatch my baby. I was on a road where I didn't even see any other people walking nearby, just cars whizzing by. I pushed my stroller aside, and just turned and ran, with my baby in my arms. He started screaming ahead, not running after us, but still walking in our direction, "Give me the baby!" I heard, along with a bunch of curses, I don't know what he was yelling. I ran about 10 min. untill I reached a nearby wherehouse and saw 2 security guards. I told them what happened, and scared this crazy guy was going to snatch my baby. They asked if I wanted to call the police, and I said maybe, but you guys are look armed, please take me home first. Around my neighborhood, there are stories of people who have called the police on people, then had those same people get out the next few days and come looking for them. I live in los angeles. I had them write a report though, and drop us off at my house. By then my baby was calm. But I am so upset, I don't know if I'll ever be able to walk around here with my baby and not feel terrified. He is only 18 months old:( I haven't even told dh yet, he will just get very upset, and not be much help:( 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BCJS7
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:00 PM
wow
Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:00 PM
Weird story. Weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM

yeah, I know it sounds weird. I'm not a troll though.

Quoting Lennyloves: Weird story. Weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM

BUMP!

o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM
Why on earth wouldn't you call the police?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM
I'm glad your both safe but what happened to your stroller that you pushed aside and ran from?
strongforthem
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm really sorry that happened to you.
I also think you're nuts for not calling the police. Holy shit, this needs to be on his record!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My baby was sick today with a little cold, but it was pretty warm, so I decided to take a walk w/ him in his stroller so maybe he would take a nap in there and relax..  We took a walk to my bank so I could deposit my check. My bank is about 20-30 minutes away walking. Everything was fine on the way. He ate some fruit in his stroller and drank his bottle, then fell asleep. But on the way back home, he woke up fussy. Tried to rock him back to sleep, it didn't work, he didn't want his pacifier or bottle, so I just picked him up and carried him with one hand, while pushing my stroller with the other. Well, he had a full blown tantrum, kicking, and crying. I headed home quickly with him in my arms. Some very skinny guy suddenly materialized in front of me. He yelled, "he wants attention!" I started walking away a little faster. Then he yelled, "give me the baby!!" He was 2 inches away from us. I yelled back, "No! I don't know you. My baby is sick!" At this point I am almost stuck, I'm feeling terrified, afraid he was going to snatch my baby. I was on a road where I didn't even see any other people walking nearby, just cars whizzing by. I pushed my stroller aside, and just turned and ran, with my baby in my arms. He started screaming ahead, not running after us, but still walking in our direction, "Give me the baby!" I heard, along with a bunch of curses, I don't know what he was yelling. I ran about 10 min. untill I reached a nearby wherehouse and saw 2 security guards. I told them what happened, and scared this crazy guy was going to snatch my baby. They asked if I wanted to call the police, and I said maybe, but you guys are look armed, please take me home first. Around my neighborhood, there are stories of people who have called the police on people, then had those same people get out the next few days and come looking for them. I live in los angeles. I had them write a report though, and drop us off at my house. By then my baby was calm. But I am so upset, I don't know if I'll ever be able to walk around here with my baby and not feel terrified. He is only 18 months old:( I haven't even told dh yet, he will just get very upset, and not be much help:( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I had the security guards go back and get it for me. It was still there, luckily.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm glad your both safe but what happened to your stroller that you pushed aside and ran from?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you're both okay, but you really should have called the police. He could go on to hurt somebody or do God knows what else.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)