Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss pills?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

It has been extremely difficult for me to lose weight.  I had thyroid cancer and ever since they removed my thyroid about a year and a half ago I have gained 50 pounds.  It is very depressing.  I go to the gym, I eat healthy(ish) no where near perfect.  I know weightloss pills are not the awnser, but I feel like I need a kickstart of sorts.  I can not get below 220.  I can eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, cutie for a snack, a grilled cheese sandwhich/or cup of soup and a salad with a hard boiled egg.  I can eat like this for a week and nothing.  I even replaced breakfast and lunch with protien shakes and had a regular dinner.  I did that for two weeks and lost nothing.  While my sister did that and lost 15 pounds.  I am trying and I get no where. ):  My throid meds are not working as they should and yes that can account for not being able to lose weight but I am tired of making excuses.  

So for those of you who have used weightloss pills what has worked for you?  

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Phentermine but it is wicked stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM
Ask your doc for adipex.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Pills scare me. I lost with watching fat & calories & walking. I know you're watching intake but are you walking or anything?
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Isn't that a perscription?  The Army hospital here will not prescribe weightloss pills.  Yet, they will do weight loss surgery.  smh.  

Quoting lapcounter: Phentermine but it is wicked stuff.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:25 PM

I am.  I do yoga, I walk/jog on the treadmill.  I am axiously waiting for it to warm up so I can go bike riding. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Pills scare me. I lost with watching fat & calories & walking. I know you're watching intake but are you walking or anything?

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Yes it is.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Isn't that a perscription?  The Army hospital here will not prescribe weightloss pills.  Yet, they will do weight loss surgery.  smh.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM

I will just have to push myself harder.  It's sad really.  I worked my ass off after having the twins.  I got down to 171.  (I am 5 foot 9) I thought I was fat then!  

Quoting lapcounter: Yes it is.
Quoting vetNmommy:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Sorry, that's all I've got. I take thyroid meds & know it's hard even for me, it must be really hard for you with everything you've been through health wise. Hopefully someone has some good advice for you.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I am.  I do yoga, I walk/jog on the treadmill.  I am axiously waiting for it to warm up so I can go bike riding. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Pills scare me. I lost with watching fat & calories & walking. I know you're watching intake but are you walking or anything?

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM
I have also had success with Advocare as a supplement to eating clean and exercise.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I will just have to push myself harder.  It's sad really.  I worked my ass off after having the twins.  I got down to 171.  (I am 5 foot 9) I thought I was fat then!  

Quoting lapcounter: Yes it is.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM
This

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)