Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

credit card fraud :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I had to take a cab home last month. I paid with my credit card.

It was on a Sunday. On Monday I had an additional charge and then a third charge on Tuesday.

So I try to call the cab company and I kept getting the runaround. I left voice mails and was constantly calling. Well, after never getting a hold of anyone. I contact my credit card company.

So, I haven't been using the card. And I went to make a payment and there were two additional charges from the same company for the same amount.

The credit card company is reversing the charhes, but I'm just...wtf? I don't know if I should press charges or what...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM

The credit card company will handle it.  They would have told you if you needed to press charges.

ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:29 PM

I would file a complaint with the BBB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Yeah. I'm so frustrated. At first I thought it was just a simple mistake, but the other two charges were almost 3 weeks later.

Quoting ZamilyMom:

I would file a complaint with the BBB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM
I asked if I should, and she saidbi was within my rights, but that was it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The credit card company will handle it.  They would have told you if you needed to press charges.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:45 PM

The credit card company will pursue it, you don't have to do anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:54 PM
File a police report so it's on record. My *entire* community was getting hit around Christmas 2013. Enough people reported it (we're a small town) that an investigation was launched. Turns out that employees from two local businesses were stealing card numbers and selling them. Between dh and I, we were hit 5 times. My stuff was all online, but his card was used 1400 miles away. I had three different cards in 5 months. It was so irritating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM
It was so weird.

All of the charges were for the same thing. Same amount. Same company. That's why, at first, I thought it was a glitch. It wasn't until the later charges that I was like,"wtf?"

Quoting Anonymous 4: File a police report so it's on record. My *entire* community was getting hit around Christmas 2013. Enough people reported it (we're a small town) that an investigation was launched. Turns out that employees from two local businesses were stealing card numbers and selling them. Between dh and I, we were hit 5 times. My stuff was all online, but his card was used 1400 miles away. I had three different cards in 5 months. It was so irritating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)