Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eeeeeek!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I told my 5 y/o and 8 y/o DD's the truth about how babies are made today. Idk why exactly but it just felt like like the right time to make it be known. I gave them the whole run down, including periods, testicles, everything. God, I hope I didn't permanently screw them up...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:59 PM
I've gone over all the parts including sperm meets egg. I just can't pull the trigger on penis goes into vagina. Did you say that? If not, by what age is that suppose to be told?
hashtagRC
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:00 PM
My 5 year old son wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about.
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Ugh, my 7 yo has started asking questions.... I have no idea how to have that talk with her. My parents never, EVER had any sort of talk with me.

Brenna
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My 7 year old asked me the other day if I have ever seen a penis.  While he was in the bath naked.  

sillytroll
by Teehee on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:03 PM

I felt weird when Dd started asking questions and had to explain. I think I did okay. But I felt the same way you do, lol. It'll pass. I don't remember how old she was when we had our first convo about it. She's 12yrs now. They both will ask more questions as time goes on, at least my Dd did. It gets easier, I promise it does and you'll start to feel less awkward about it.

SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:03 PM

I doubt you did. You told them about the birds and the bees, not how to dispose of a body.

AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:02 PM

I would never LOL... Honestly... I think that is something he can absolutely figure out on his own in his own teenager/young adult ways..... Eeeek! is right.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've gone over all the parts including sperm meets egg. I just can't pull the trigger on penis goes into vagina. Did you say that? If not, by what age is that suppose to be told?

AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I hate these talks but I force myself to make sure they all get done in due time. My mom never talked to me literally about anything. And mine might be a boy but I am still going to talk to him, even about sensitive things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Yes, I incorporated eveything. Penis, vagina and intercourse is not only meant to make babies but it's also pleasurable.

Idk when the right time is! There are so many societal standards about that topic but s***, I say do what you want... They're your kids! I personally wanted mine to be eductated as soon as possible.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've gone over all the parts including sperm meets egg. I just can't pull the trigger on penis goes into vagina. Did you say that? If not, by what age is that suppose to be told?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:20 PM
Thanks for that astute response! I feel better already.

Quoting sillytroll:

I felt weird when Dd started asking questions and had to explain. I think I did okay. But I felt the same way you do, lol. It'll pass. I don't remember how old she was when we had our first convo about it. She's 12yrs now. They both will ask more questions as time goes on, at least my Dd did. It gets easier, I promise it does and you'll start to feel less awkward about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)