Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I even make a police report at this point?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM
  • 30 Replies
I'm going to call the PD tomorrow but I'm really annoyed.

In January, I had some weird charges on my bank account that came from my Target REDCard.

I called and reported the card as missing. They asked if it was stolen and I said it mst have been bc I didn't make those charges.

They said they'd send me a new card but they were jerks about reversing the charges. It was less than $50 and they were going to go to war over it with me.

I ended up going to my bank and they fixed it.

I never received anything in the mail from Target other than my new card which Iwas able to activate just fine.

Today I attempted to use it-a $37 transaction and my pin wouldn't work.

I called REDcard services and apparently they won't let me use my card bc I still owe them from the chaege I reported as fraudulent. They told me I either needed to pay them the $49 and change or provide them with a police report number.

Now, it would've been one thing if they told me that when I first reported the card. It would have been a reasonable amount of time to get the police report. But it's been over a month. And besides that-it's not like I suspect anyone or stealing the card.

I'm really annoyed. Dh says i should just pay it-bc seriously what are the cops going to do? "Oh hey guys. I want to report my target REDcard as stolen...yeah...it happened over a month ago when I lived in another neighborhood."

I mean, they could maybe get surveillance...but it's UNDER $50.

Target is stupid. Big charges-I get it. Under $50? Ridiculous. My fucking BANK doesn't even require that kind of thing. They just send you a new card.

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Open a new target account under your dh name?

I dunno. Here's a bump.
RockMyBliss
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM
I'm thinking they don't believe you.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:16 PM
But then why not tell me to file a report in the very beginning?

Had they done that, I would have and there wouldn't be an issue.

Quoting RockMyBliss: I'm thinking they don't believe you.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM
Fuck no.

I'm canceling the card. I don't even want to shop there anymore. Their customer service for this damn card is terrible.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Open a new target account under your dh name?

I dunno. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:20 PM
wasn't there this huge thing in Dec-Jan about target getting hacked and the red cards being... well... targeted?
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM
That was before this, I'm pretty sure.

And these were physical charges made in the store.

Quoting Anonymous 2: wasn't there this huge thing in Dec-Jan about target getting hacked and the red cards being... well... targeted?
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:26 PM
I haven't used a card at target in over a year because I had major problems when they first had the breach and for months after.

Doesn't surprise me.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:28 PM
I know it's aggravating but honestly, I would pay it & close the account & when they ask why you're closing the account (since they pretty much always do) you tell them exactly why. They may actually take care of it at that point.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:28 PM
i can't believe they want a police report for $50.

I also can't believe they didn't tell me anything about needing that until a month after.

Quoting ColieO: I haven't used a card at target in over a year because I had major problems when they first had the breach and for months after.

Doesn't surprise me.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Even if they take care of it, I'm not keeping any accounts with them.

But you're probably right. First I'm
Going to see if it makes sense to file a report. If it doesn't, I'll just pay it.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I know it's aggravating but honestly, I would pay it & close the account & when they ask why you're closing the account (since they pretty much always do) you tell them exactly why. They may actually take care of it at that point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)