Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you disclose to one your son's GF that he has the HIV virus?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I'm watching this documentary on Netflix called 25 to life and this man's mom, was so nonchalant and said she wouldn't tell the girls he was dating that he had the HIV virus? What kind of mother does that?

BTW I watched a little more. He said his family told him NOT to disclose his status to the girl.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM

A sick one!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Isn't that crazy? She said "I wasn't going to tell her". 

I'm like, lady seriously?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

A sick one!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Um because I would assume I raised my child to be responsible enough to inform their partner of their HIV status. I wouldn't disclose that information either unless I absolutely 100 percent knew they were having unprotected sex and she didn't know he had HIV
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:19 PM
That's hard..I would hope I raised my son well enough to be honest and responsible. I wouldn't straight out tell the girl he had a disease..I'd leave it to him and let him know I expect him to say something and would be there to support him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:19 PM

She knew they were.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Um because I would assume I raised my child to be responsible enough to inform their partner of their HIV status. I wouldn't disclose that information either unless I absolutely 100 percent knew they were having unprotected sex and she didn't know he had HIV

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:20 PM
So was it HIV or AIDS? Either way, the son should share that if/when they start having a sexual relationship.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM
No, I wouldn't. I would harp on my son the importance of being honest with her though.
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:23 PM
IF my son didn't, I would. I would hope to have raised my child better than that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:23 PM

HIV and the mom knew they were having sex.

Quoting kmeow: So was it HIV or AIDS? Either way, the son should share that if/when they start having a sexual relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:23 PM

I don't think he would be going to prison if he had been acting in a responsible manner, and evidently good ol Mom knew it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Um because I would assume I raised my child to be responsible enough to inform their partner of their HIV status. I wouldn't disclose that information either unless I absolutely 100 percent knew they were having unprotected sex and she didn't know he had HIV

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)