Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pretty bored so wth. I work for a large cell phone company. AMA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I'm pretty bored and never done one of these. I don't even know if anyone will give a crap but hey, what the hell right? Ask away.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Which company? My dh might work for the same one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:34 PM
What cell phone company do you think has the best deal? Which one do you think has the best network?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Do you have that company as your service or someone else?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
VZW

Quoting Snapdragon88: Which company? My dh might work for the same one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:52 PM
Is it Verizon? If so, why do they keep trying to screw me out of my unlimited text and data plan? I have to fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'm grandfathered in, why is that so hard for them to deal with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Honestly, it all depends on what you're looking for and EVERY company has that fine print. T mobile had cheap plans but you have 1 option on buying a phone and is expensive, at&t and VZW are pretty similar since they're constantly trying to compete and out do the other. As far as network quality, it depends on where you live but nationwide, tmobile is the worst, Verizon is the best. But Alaska and the Midwest is pretty screwed either way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What cell phone company do you think has the best deal? Which one do you think has the best network?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:59 PM
I do, but they also pay for it. We're required to have a work device and get discounts on personal accounts. I don't have a personal phone because I don't see the point in paying for one when I get one for free, as long as I don't go over my data. I've always used them though, because vzw is the only service that works here.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Do you have that company as your service or someone else?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:03 PM
This is a pretty common question and I totally get your frustration. We offer unlimited talk and text on the current plans and they do try to offer a comparable data plan. In some cases it can save you money if you dont actually use that much data. If you do I always recommend different options to be able to keep it. However if you upgrade is automatically gone. But if you buy a vzw compatible one from online or a friend, etc you get to keep it. Not for much longer though.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Is it Verizon? If so, why do they keep trying to screw me out of my unlimited text and data plan? I have to fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'm grandfathered in, why is that so hard for them to deal with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:10 PM
What do you mean not for much longer?

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is a pretty common question and I totally get your frustration. We offer unlimited talk and text on the current plans and they do try to offer a comparable data plan. In some cases it can save you money if you dont actually use that much data. If you do I always recommend different options to be able to keep it. However if you upgrade is automatically gone. But if you buy a vzw compatible one from online or a friend, etc you get to keep it. Not for much longer though.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Is it Verizon? If so, why do they keep trying to screw me out of my unlimited text and data plan? I have to fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'm grandfathered in, why is that so hard for them to deal with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:12 PM
They aren't just going to take it away from those who are grandfathered, but they seem to be gradually closing up any loop holes. They haven't done anything definite yet though.

Quoting Anonymous 4: What do you mean not for much longer?

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is a pretty common question and I totally get your frustration. We offer unlimited talk and text on the current plans and they do try to offer a comparable data plan. In some cases it can save you money if you dont actually use that much data. If you do I always recommend different options to be able to keep it. However if you upgrade is automatically gone. But if you buy a vzw compatible one from online or a friend, etc you get to keep it. Not for much longer though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)