Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So long, MIL!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've never liked her, but tolerated her for my husband and children's sake, and because I knew she'd eventually push dh too far. Today, that finally happened.
A little backstory: when I met my husband he was married. He filed for divorce a couple of months after we met. We were friends, but didn't start dating until after their divorce was finalized. His mother has always blamed for the breakup. She's also never accepted my son as her grandson, despite my husband adopting him. She also still stays in touch with dh's ex and loves to compare the two of us.

Today, she finally slipped up. She's always been careful to be polite and mostly nice in front of dh. She came over for dinner, and he had to run to the store for something. He came back but came in the back door, so she didn't notice him. He was there to hear her call me a trashy, slutty home wrecker, a gold digger looking for a good man to take on my bastard son. It's nothing she hasn't said to me before, but this is the first time dh has heard it.
He told her to gtfo of his house and not come back until she could apologize to his wife and realize that his oldest son is his no matter who gave the sperm.

Score for me!!

It breaks my heart that my husband was confronted so bluntly with just what kind of a nasty piece of work his mother is, but at least I don't have to deal with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelLovingLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Good riddance to her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet the look on her face was priceless.
RuEvMi
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:18 PM
I'm glad your Dh kicked her out ! What was you mil reaction?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:19 PM
Good for your DH.
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:19 PM
Your husband didn't believe you when you told him how his mom treated you?
Bailey1116
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Holy shit, how did you deal with being treated like that?? Didn't you ever tell him she was saying this to you before?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It was! She knew how he would react, which is why she's never been that vocal around him. Realizing he'd heard it all...I had to fight hard to not do a happy dance and laugh!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I bet the look on her face was priceless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Shock, anger, and then apologetic, but he didn't listen.

Quoting RuEvMi: I'm glad your Dh kicked her out ! What was you mil reaction?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't tell him. It honestly didn't bother me enough to cause an issue. I knew he'd have believed me, but this way, she'll never be able to say that I lied or that it wasn't meant that way. He did know she didn't like me, so she wasn't around that often anyway.

Quoting SuckIt69: Your husband didn't believe you when you told him how his mom treated you?
my4littlegirls
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:22 PM
Glad he stood up to her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)