Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For All Those Who Love Their MIL

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
You're a bigger women than me! Even though she's overbearing, judgmental, and generally hateful; I can't help but feel like I'm the problem. Why can't I just be gracious and forgiving. Why do I let her eat me up so bad.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my MIL, but she's easy to love. She's a wonderful woman who thinks her son is a lucky man. 

kendra251
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry she is that way towards you.

I absolutely adore my in laws, but I think I got pretty damn lucky in that department. My dh is an only child, so when we bought a house, we bought as close to them as we could. They have got to see their four grandkids grow up from the first moment.
virtuous_wife31
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:24 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:38 PM
How do you know they're better women? They could just have better MILs.

Mine was sweet when she was in control. She didn't like when we started living our own lives and making our own decisions. I think it was even tougher on her that I started pulling away when she wanted to control us most- my first pregnancy. I felt I had to or I would never get to be the mother of my own child. She has been lashing out in passive aggressive ways ever since.
AngelLovingLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my mil because she's a truly amazing person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NellieKane
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm thankful for my mother-in-law.
almburr
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:43 PM
I love mine. She is wonderful. She raised a great man to be a great husband.
raindrop101
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I know I hit the lottery when it came to in-laws.  They are some of the kindest, most wonderful people I know.

Take a deep breath and know that it isn't you.  Some in laws just can't share their children with another person. Sadly, you probably won't ever change them.  

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My mil is every woman's dream. She has no desire to control anyone, she is adamant that she's raised her kids, her job is done and she has no need to interfere in our lives. She loves to travel, so she's rarely in the same state as us. She sends me birthday cards that say "daughter" not "daughter in law".

She's never given me any reason to dislike her.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:50 PM

i always wanted to bond with my mother in law, but i didn't get lucky. not even close. i'm so glad she's dead.

my sister has an awesome freaking mother in law, and i'm so jealous lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)