Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You and all your genius kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Make me feel awful lol, my kids are super average. The older ones were actually really late talkers, dd didn't talk until she was almost 2 1/2. Ds will say a few words, he knows his body parts and mommy and daddy, cup, food, shoes, outside. Ds2 is only 9 months old so we'll see about him.

Dd is 4, she can't read a book, but she can read some words, she can write a little.. She can do some simple math but not more than 10, she can count to 50 though.
Does anybody else have average kids or am I just a horrible mom? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cass1986
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
All kids are smart in their own ways. Being able to complete a set list of skills by certain benchmarks has nothing to do with intelligence. It doesn't show personality or creativity or problem solving skills. I don't get into pissing contests with mom's about who's kid is smarter. It's a waste of time and says much more about the parent than the child.
ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM
It's been awhile but that sounds normal. Four reads books? I don't remember that.
Yum_Cupcakes
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Didn't Einstein or some other well-known genius not talk until they were two or something?

Find out and get back to me CM Googlers. . . .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Dd couldn't read at all at age 4. In first grade she picked up reading beautifully. She's doing really great in school. Her not being ahead of the game as a toddler meant nothing. 😉
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM
I have one who is behind the average, one who is advanced, and one right in the middle. In the middle is the easiest. I'd be fine if all three were more along the lines of the "average" student. The other extremes take more work.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM
My 19 month old can count to seven. Everything after that is two again lol. She stops saying the alphabet after F for some reason. She's smart as hell with puzzles though, it's crazy amazing.
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Eh my son didn't talk until he was 3.didn't walk until after 18 months. He's 6 and can read somewhat average. Still has a hard time talking.. however if you give him legos he will construct something magic before your eyes..lol he's won several Lego contests. He's also really into science experiments and stuff to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yum_Cupcakes
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:56 PM
3 moms liked this

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM
My 4 kids range from below average to above average lol. I can't stand parents who brag about something they know your kid is struggling with and then ask how yours is doing on that subject.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM
Being smart isn't about normal childhood development or what they know or don't know at a given time. It's how fast someone is capable of learning and the ability to solve problems that makes people smarter. And there is nothing wrong with being average.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)