Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

State of emergency!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Mobile Photo

I took this pic earlier today. You can see some water on the road. It was raining pretty heavily all day now the temperature dropped and it's snowing and this rain is probably freezing too.

This gives you an idea of how horribly people in my neighbourhood drive. We have a large SUV and it was pretty tight getting through it would be way worse with ice.

Anyway the governor (WV) declared a state of emergency and the mayor is saying stay off the roads unless it's an emergency. There are a bunch of idiots saying just go slow and you'll be fine and it's not that bad, people are just being lazy not wanting to go to work etc... Idiots.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM
This picture was taken at 11 am and you can see how dark and gross it was. It's snowing now but I haven't been outside yet to take a picture.
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM
I thought it was a state of preparedness issued. Did they change to state of emergency?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:49 PM

if I was scheduled to work, I would go.....i live in laurel highlands... so we have same weather...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Yes. It's a state of emergency now. http://wvmetronews.com/2015/03/04/tomblin-declares-state-of-emergency-with-second-round-of-storm-expected/

Quoting lauren.m: I thought it was a state of preparedness issued. Did they change to state of emergency?
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Mobile Photo

Icy roads are no joke. We stay home if at all possible when it is icy. We already have a delayed start for school tomorrow because of ice. This is what accumulated in less than 5 minutes time. This pic was taken a few hours ago and it has been pretty steadily sleeting since then so I know it has to be pretty bad by now. This is especially crazy because it was about 70 degrees here yesterday, lol.
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Wow! Is this a part bjork post?
staci1103
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Yep we just got the call.  We live in Jersey

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:52 PM
What?

Quoting mygardenia: Wow! Is this a part bjork post?
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:52 PM
I told dh. He called the employee hotline. They sure did change it to state of emergency but state offices are still open.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes. It's a state of emergency now. http://wvmetronews.com/2015/03/04/tomblin-declares-state-of-emergency-with-second-round-of-storm-expected/

Quoting lauren.m: I thought it was a state of preparedness issued. Did they change to state of emergency?
A.Whovian
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM
Well it was freezing rain/raining yesterday over top of all the snow and now it is frozen. We are still capable of driving. Just go slow and pay attention.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)