Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age did your DD start

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

What age did your DD start their Period and what were the signs before they started.

I feel like my DD's monthly friend is about to make its apperance so I'm curious. 

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM
She was 8 and a half. She needed a bra just before she turned 8. She was moody for a few weeks and she started getting oily hair and body odor.
NinaC222
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:06 PM

OH NO!! my DD is 9 so far she hasn't needed a bra but they are growing. she has some body hair and has to use deodorant. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: She was 8 and a half. She needed a bra just before she turned 8. She was moody for a few weeks and she started getting oily hair and body odor.

Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:06 PM

I started at 9  I noticed nothing exce an uneasiness all over.  My sister was at 14. She reported being doubled over wistomack flu (she thought) all day before.

My DD was 9 1/2 when she began  she kept giggling at school ( maybe an hour)  When she used the restroom she kenw what had happened and ask to see the nurse,  It was a small amount, lucky girl, and still she was giggling.  She is not a giggler but she could not seem to stop.  They of course called and I took her home and she giggled all the way.  We got her cleaned up and went out to celebrate "for she was officially a woman now" lol

AngelLovingLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:07 PM
My oldest daughter is only 2, so not yet. I started at 8 though, with no real signs that it was coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:07 PM
I believe my oldest was 10. Youngest dd is 11 currently and hadn't started hers. I do believe it will be soon though.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:08 PM
Symptoms started when she was about 13/14 didn't actually start till she was almost 17.
kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Mine is 10 and not yet. She is not showing any signs yet at all. But I was 13 so I don't expect she will be an early starter either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM
My oldest showed signs for about three years before she started. She had boobs, hair, a need for deodorant and most of the other signs by the time she was 9. She finally started about a month after she turned 12. Dd2 completely blind-sided me. She started out of the blue about 2 weeks after she turned 11. She got most of the signs after she started.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM

All of my daughters were 15 when they started getting periods.  They all had hips and boobs appear - a few years before hand.  The hormone roller-coaster had also started 1-2 years before for each of them.  I don't know exactly what was going on right before they started.

Maime13
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:39 PM

My DD turns 13 at the end of May. She has yet to start and I'm hoping it's not time soon. My boys have all been "late bloomers". Fingers crossed this is a family trait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)