Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help from the car seat gurus.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM
  • 25 Replies
I was in an accident and I need a new car seat for my almost 5 yr old dd. She is 40 lbs and she is on the 3rd slot in her nautilus, her shoulders are about 1/2 an inch below it. I am looking for something that will go from harnessing to boostering. My budget is under $200. She was in a Graco nautilus prior to this but I know it doesn't fit well for most kids as a booster so I'm looking for something else that is a better fit as a booster for most kids.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:55 PM

I just bought this for my DD. It is working great and she is smaller than your DD 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISS2JPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

novachick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:28 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM
I just switched my son to a booster in the Nautilus(high back). I hate it!!! I loved it as a regular car seat but I hate it as a high back so much I'm thinking about taking the back off. So I'm no help.
novachick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Yea, it's a terrible fit as a booster for most kids, it's a nice harnessing seat though. Thanx for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I just switched my son to a booster in the Nautilus(high back). I hate it!!! I loved it as a regular car seat but I hate it as a high back so much I'm thinking about taking the back off. So I'm no help.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:37 AM
My almost 6 year old is in the graco, but we still 5 point him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:44 AM
She will be harnessed for quite a while longer (till she outgrows it, by height most likely) but I want something that we can use after too.

Quoting rgba: My almost 6 year old is in the graco, but we still 5 point him.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That makes sense. DS has a baby brother, so I can justify getting him a new one and passing down the other!

Quoting novachick: She will be harnessed for quite a while longer (till she outgrows it, by height most likely) but I want something that we can use after too.

Quoting rgba: My almost 6 year old is in the graco, but we still 5 point him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:49 AM
I got a britax booster that is harnessed from target. I love it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM
My 7 year old has been in a Nautilus since he was 3. It's perfect for him. We had no problems with it as a booster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Check with the carseat safety group, they helped me so much. I have the Graco My Size 70 & love it. It reverse faces up to 40 lbs 40 inches & then forward faces until 70 lbs (i forget the inches).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)