Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s the craziest or funniest thing your partner said to you while you were in labor?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:11 PM
  • 67 Replies

What’s the craziest or funniest thing your partner said to you while you were in labor? Share your story for a post on The Stir!

by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM
when I got the epidural with my first daughter, that was 10 hours of pain I was in so when the anesthesiologist came in to give me the epidural I asked him are you the guy with drugs and he said yes and I said I could kiss you I'm in love with you and he said please don't ma'am and then I threw up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:30 PM

This wasn't when I was in labor but right after I pushed our dd out my dh looked at me and said, "That wasn't so bad was it?" I wanted to punch him so bad but of course I wasn't able to get out of bed. I had just had the worst birthing experience of my life with no meds. He had no fucking clue what I just went through!

kahlansmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this
when I was in labor with my first daughter my husband looked down to see her head. he asked the nurse why does it keep on going back in? then he looks at me and says it looks like a big cow Eye
LawNOrderMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this

When our daughter decided to make her appearance at 38 weeks my husband responded with, "Already? But the book says 40 weeks!!!" 

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:36 PM
My dh was actually pretty perfect while I was in labor, my mother on the other had bothered me. She wouldn't stop touching me, patting my head, stoking my arm doing all those soothing mother touches and I yelled at her to stop petting me that I was not a dog. I felt bad and dh still teases me about it lol.
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM
He's never said or done anything crazy or funny. He's totally in the moment. :-)
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Not what he said but how he acted...I threw up during labor and he had to hold the barf basin....he HATED vomit with a passion and was a sympathy puker. He could never even clean it up if the kids puked.

I just remember him running to the bathroom to empty the basin and kind of dry heaving trying not to puke. I said "I'm sorry Honey" and he's like "no problem, don't worry about it", but I know he was dying inside and wanted to run away screaming. God love him he didn't!!!
over40bride
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:47 PM
He said he loved me.
He really didn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 7:35 PM

it was my husband that kept petting me . i kicked him out along with my mom who was also bugging me. JUST LEAVE ME BE.i work better alone.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess: My dh was actually pretty perfect while I was in labor, my mother on the other had bothered me. She wouldn't stop touching me, patting my head, stoking my arm doing all those soothing mother touches and I yelled at her to stop petting me that I was not a dog. I felt bad and dh still teases me about it lol.
ksputman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM

my contractions being monitered and my now exh said oh those arent that bad, so i dont know why you are complaining.  i wanted to kill him.  turns out that the moniter wasnt on properly in the first place and it really showed them when they started monitering them internally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)