Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the thought of a,mother of a child who self harms and has mental illnesses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I have feelings,of guilt, saddness and confusion.

I ask myself if I caused this. if I messed up. it is truely mental illness or me.

I mask it when around people but when I'm alone I cry. I Pretend to be strong but inside I am a wreck.

If I have any moments of happiness I feel guilty because how can I be happy when my child isn't when she falling deeper into her illiness.

I feel lost, I fear for her life and her future . And then fears that my other child is going to be the same. Do I pay enough attention to him when I am so focused on her.

I refuse to have anymore children because I think I am at fault rather it was my raising or my dna I am at fault.

This is my thoughts . Not looking for sympathy just to get it out.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
firespurity
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Are you an active part of her recovery plan? Do you do the best you can? Do you do your best to protect her from abuse? Do you stand up for her when needed?

If you're doing what you should be as a mother, it's not your fault. Heck even crappy mom's don't cause it.

Cutting can often relate to feeling out of control. Take some time to search deeply within yourself about what might feel so out of control. A bully? Bff drama? A recent death? Health issues with a family member? Honestly, home? After identifying potential issues, bring them up with her therapist. If possible work with your child to empower her.

Even if you've made mistakes, you didn't do this. Work with her treatment team to fix this. Your family will overcome this. It's going to be a hard journey. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)