Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Middle school kids are a$$holes!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:43 AM
  • 8 Replies
Oh my lord!!! The band boosters ran a consession stand at a band festival this week. We grilled burgers, dogs and chicken for salads and did nachos, cup of noodles (I know gag but for some reason they sell well) and grilled cheese because it's lent.
Thursday was the day most middle schools had their performance I have never wanted to smack a child so bad. Apparently 7+ years of school didn't teach them how to form a line and no one ever taught them to wait their turn or ask for things politely. I got a few dirty looks from chaperones and bratty pre teen girls for saying things like "excuse me she was here first, you need to relax and wait your turn" and "if you all could figure out how to form a line this would go a lot faster"

I think kids in middle school think they are bigger than they are because I had no problems with the Highschool kids being polite and waiting their turn or being rude about having to wait for a burger to cook.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:45 AM
Wow, we have never experienced anything like this and we are constantly having carnivals at the school
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:52 AM
There where some school where you could tell the teacher spoke with the kids because they all said please and thank you and cleaned up their mess but most of them left trash all around and where really rude. At one point we had 3 different schools all eating at the same time and well our grill isn't that big so some had to wait. One of the chaperones was complaining because it was taking so long. Ok well if your bus is leaving in 20 minuets you probably should have planned better!
Also I think a carnival is just a different environment. This was basically a competition where the bands are judged.

Quoting Anonymous17: Wow, we have never experienced anything like this and we are constantly having carnivals at the school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Ew. Yes, I've actually found the 8/9th graders are the worst here in Australia. We've found even the most well behaved kids turn into asses during 9th grade. Must be the age? I don't know - but it's the same in every city I've gone to

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:09 AM
I'm a band mom so I'm not afraid to put a kid that's not mine in their place. They may not like it but they rarely give me lip more than once.
In the case of the band kids I think the high school kids know if they act like fools their band director will hear about it and they will not like the consequences.
Middle school band teachers are a little more lax.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ew. Yes, I've actually found the 8/9th graders are the worst here in Australia. We've found even the most well behaved kids turn into asses during 9th grade. Must be the age? I don't know - but it's the same in every city I've gone to

that_girl_kk
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
They're still extremely selfish at that age, yes. I teach 6th grade. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:13 AM
And they stink. Especially the boys. They seem to have not learned about deodorant yet.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:02 PM
My son is only 10 and uses deodorant. I told him he needs to use it or he will be "the stinky kid" now he puts it on every morning.

Quoting Anonymous 2: And they stink. Especially the boys. They seem to have not learned about deodorant yet.
askmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:09 PM
Middle school is the worst! Usually band kids are better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)