Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

drop cloth curtains

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Next project on the to do list for our living room update! Anyone here made them? Tips?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:28 AM
I've never made them. I've seen them in Pinterest and loved them, however I've never seen any IRL that looked good. They've all looked like a cheap fix, but not a real solution.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:31 AM
Hmmm .... that's not good. Maybe it's in the execution? I've seen the ones where they just clip them up and they do look questionable. I'm going to hem them and finish the top so the curtain rod can go through.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've never made them. I've seen them in Pinterest and loved them, however I've never seen any IRL that looked good. They've all looked like a cheap fix, but not a real solution.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:19 AM
They didn't hang correctly. The fabric is too stiff to fold nicely all the way down. It fold at the top but at the bottom it fans out and looks stiff.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hmmm .... that's not good. Maybe it's in the execution? I've seen the ones where they just clip them up and they do look questionable. I'm going to hem them and finish the top so the curtain rod can go through.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've never made them. I've seen them in Pinterest and loved them, however I've never seen any IRL that looked good. They've all looked like a cheap fix, but not a real solution.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:33 AM

I've made all kinds of curtains, but I've never heard of these. What are they like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That's good to know. I'm going to wash them first, hopefully that may help.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They didn't hang correctly. The fabric is too stiff to fold nicely all the way down. It fold at the top but at the bottom it fans out and looks stiff.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hmmm .... that's not good. Maybe it's in the execution? I've seen the ones where they just clip them up and they do look questionable. I'm going to hem them and finish the top so the curtain rod can go through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM
You use a big canvas painter's drop cloth, they look kind of like a knock off linen.

Quoting wooly:

I've made all kinds of curtains, but I've never heard of these. What are they like?

mary716
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Hmmm sounds interesting! I've never made them or heard of them before so here is a bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)