Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

been bleeding for 16 weeks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I have been bleeding since my son was born 16 almost 17 weeks ago. I'm on BC but it doesn't seem to stop it. My ob seems that its a little odd but hasnt done abything about it. I'm just done bleeding...its exhausting all on its own
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:42 AM
Get off the bc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:44 AM
This is the second one I've been on

Quoting Anonymous 2: Get off the bc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Have they done an ultrasoubd?

I went through this, it was retained placenta. I had no other symptoms but bleeding.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

What type of BC?  I'd stop and let your body get on a normal track.  No fever or anything, right?  Did you have an ultrasound to make sure no pieces of placenta were left behind?

slb235
by Grammar Police on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Time to take some iron supplements as well.

TaylorFam02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy cow! Get a second opinion, demand that something be done, have you been checked for a uterine infection, or retained placenta?!!
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to find another gyn. I hemorrhaged with each of my kids, but it was taken care of waaaay before that. With my first my Dr caught it on my 6 week check up. I didn't know what normal was, so I had no idea it wasn't normal. I still have no idea what a normal bleeding time is after having a baby. I left the hospital Hemmoraging with my first  after being resusciatated a few times, once by the ER staff. But I did't do as I was told partly because I got absolutely no help so I went on with life as usual except I slept every 2 hours along with the baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:56 AM
I had a d&c done 3 days after my son was born due to left over placenta that was becoming very infected. I've had an us and my uterus lining was thin and took pills for that. Still bleeding..

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have they done an ultrasoubd?

I went through this, it was retained placenta. I had no other symptoms but bleeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:58 AM
Damm :( I am sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I had a d&c done 3 days after my son was born due to left over placenta that was becoming very infected. I've had an us and my uterus lining was thin and took pills for that. Still bleeding..

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have they done an ultrasoubd?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:58 AM
I've had a d&c done already and another us to see what was wrong. My lining was thing but have taken pills for it. Still bleeding

Quoting ame85:

What type of BC?  I'd stop and let your body get on a normal track.  No fever or anything, right?  Did you have an ultrasound to make sure no pieces of placenta were left behind?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)