Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much does grandma see the kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
my mother in law doesn't visit the kids and the only time they see her is if we go to her house. She is a young grandma (40s), she is fit and heathy, plus she lives 5mins from us. Well we went over today and my daughter (10 months) cried when grandma held her (she doesn't really know her). My mother in law says " you need to bring them over more often".. Does it really work that way??? My mother always comes to us (4 hours away).
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:51 AM
Every weekend, their other grandma, dh's mom is dead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:52 AM
Do you go to grandma?!?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Every weekend, their other grandma, dh's mom is dead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:52 AM

My ex inlaws never see two of the kids. They only talk and see one of their grandkids. They want nothing to do with the other two. Only reason the see the middle is because he is 20 and its his choice. My family lives 8 hours away and my mom is not in great health but they see the kids about 3 times a year but talk often on the phone.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:53 AM
My MIL ever few months. My mom, every few days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:53 AM
Yes, it's easier, go visit, have Sunday dinner that my mom cooks and then leave.. No way am I cooking for everyone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you go to grandma?!?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Every weekend, their other grandma, dh's mom is dead.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:54 AM
My mom almost every day. His mom maybe once every two to three weeks. His step mom and dad we haven't seen them since new years.
yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:54 AM
Daily, he has just one grandparent
DevinAnnesmom
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:55 AM
My parents see my kids once a week at church. My in laws rarely see my kids and it's only when we bring them to see them.
AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:56 AM
My mom, 5 days a week (we go to her or she and my dad come to us)

my step mil a couple times a month (we go to them usually unless we are hosting a family gathering)

my mil 2x a year... maybe 3 ( she isn't welcome in our home so we meet in a public place

It works however you guys want it to work, different things for different people.:)
CookiMakinMomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:57 AM
SO's mom lives with us. My mom lives only 5 minutes away. DS is over there now, spending the night. It's equal. We go over there and she comes over here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)