Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 yo constipated for 3+ weeks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
So my 5 yo son has been constipated for the past 3 weeks or so. I have tried several things to get him to poop, such as exlax, prune juice, enemas all with no luck so this past Wednesday I brought him to the Dr to find out he's a "poop hoarder"...
Like wtf is a poop hoarder?!?!
Dr explained that he holds in his poop, that he was never constipated just didn't want to poop. So I asked what I could do to change his ways and she advised me to re-potty train him along with gettin him on a a stool softener daily so he can't hold it in...
How weird is this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:54 AM
Bump
slb235
by Grammar Police on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:00 AM
My friend's son does that, he's 13 now and still does it if she doesn't force miralax on him everyday. Because he hoards his poo, when he's not taking miralax and his body wins the poo war, he shits himself. :/
thetrollcat
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:01 AM

feed him prunes

mona165
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:02 AM
What? I was about time say give him beans... but nevermind... my daughter has spina bifida and is always constipated due to the disability, but when she eats beans, her bowel movements are really soft and I don't have to help her poop... but nevermind...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Right. I thought the Dr was pulling my leg but once my son nd I got home I simply explained to him that he has to poop. That he could get extremely sick if he doesn't nd that's all it took. He started pooping like none other, 8 poops in one day

Quoting slb235:

Weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:06 AM
That's what I'm working to prevent. He cannot continue to hoard his poop, the Dr said that he could eventually due major damage to his colon:(

Quoting Anonymous 2: My friend's son does that, he's 13 now and still does it if she doesn't force miralax on him everyday. Because he hoards his poo, when he's not taking miralax and his body wins the poo war, he shits himself. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM
He drank many cups of prune juice with no results.

Quoting thetrollcat:

feed him prunes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM
Keep miralax on hand if he starts up again. It's safe to take daily.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what I'm working to prevent. He cannot continue to hoard his poop, the Dr said that he could eventually due major damage to his colon:(

Quoting Anonymous 2: My friend's son does that, he's 13 now and still does it if she doesn't force miralax on him everyday. Because he hoards his poo, when he's not taking miralax and his body wins the poo war, he shits himself. :/
thetrollcat
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM

its impossible to hold in diarrhea meow

Quoting Anonymous 1: He drank many cups of prune juice with no results.
Quoting thetrollcat:

feed him prunes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)