Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats acceptable to put on a kids birthday invite?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:20 AM
  • 15 Replies
I want everyone to come and I was thinking of putting at the end something about siblings being welcome as well. But is that weird? I know that a lot of Bailey's classmates have younger siblings and i dont want any kid to feel left out because they have younger children. Or older kids. Im really the more the merrier type person
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds fine. Just say siblings are welcome too.
mona165
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:28 AM
Yes, do it! I am so into that type of stuff, like being equal, and yes I know no kid is the same, but like in my case, I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, both girls, my oldest is healthy no medical issues, while my youngest has spina bifida and needs medical assistance and equipment, so when I buy something for my oldest, I also buy something for my youngest, because I am the one who watches my youngest feelings, she sees how her older sister does stuff like runs and walks without ankle braces, while she sits and is barely learning to stand at 18 months. Plus they love doing everything together which sometimes gets annoying because I at times only need to take my youngest to the hospital or doctor, and my oldest wants to come along and I can't leave her with her dad because she will be screaming the whole time saying she wants to go with her sister...

There was this one time, my youngest had surgery, the doctors took her into the room and in the waiting room, my oldest was crying the whole time for her sister... sorry it's so long, but I say all this because some people are so against all this...
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:29 AM
I also wanted to say that gifts are not necessary as well. But that just doesnt seem to fit well at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That sounds fine. Just say siblings are welcome too.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:35 AM
Well hunny you would love this organization we have locally called BIG DREAMS they have been working to put accessible playground equipment in all the local parks so everyone can have fun and enjoy. We are very involved. My mom is wheelchair bound and cant play with my kids. Its amazing and ive been pushing to start chapters in other locations.

Quoting mona165: Yes, do it! I am so into that type of stuff, like being equal, and yes I know no kid is the same, but like in my case, I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, both girls, my oldest is healthy no medical issues, while my youngest has spina bifida and needs medical assistance and equipment, so when I buy something for my oldest, I also buy something for my youngest, because I am the one who watches my youngest feelings, she sees how her older sister does stuff like runs and walks without ankle braces, while she sits and is barely learning to stand at 18 months. Plus they love doing everything together which sometimes gets annoying because I at times only need to take my youngest to the hospital or doctor, and my oldest wants to come along and I can't leave her with her dad because she will be screaming the whole time saying she wants to go with her sister...

There was this one time, my youngest had surgery, the doctors took her into the room and in the waiting room, my oldest was crying the whole time for her sister... sorry it's so long, but I say all this because some people are so against all this...
mona165
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:37 AM
Really? Where, can you give me more info?

Quoting MsEmma88: Well hunny you would love this organization we have locally called BIG DREAMS they have been working to put accessible playground equipment in all the local parks so everyone can have fun and enjoy. We are very involved. My mom is wheelchair bound and cant play with my kids. Its amazing and ive been pushing to start chapters in other locations.

Quoting mona165: Yes, do it! I am so into that type of stuff, like being equal, and yes I know no kid is the same, but like in my case, I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, both girls, my oldest is healthy no medical issues, while my youngest has spina bifida and needs medical assistance and equipment, so when I buy something for my oldest, I also buy something for my youngest, because I am the one who watches my youngest feelings, she sees how her older sister does stuff like runs and walks without ankle braces, while she sits and is barely learning to stand at 18 months. Plus they love doing everything together which sometimes gets annoying because I at times only need to take my youngest to the hospital or doctor, and my oldest wants to come along and I can't leave her with her dad because she will be screaming the whole time saying she wants to go with her sister...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:10 AM
Please include your child's name. Seriously, my son got an invite last week. Didn't know who it was for, parents forgot to put her name on it. He didn't go because I couldn't figure out who it was for and it said to rsvp and there was no way to do that.
momLeanne2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Off the subject. .. but my daughters name is Baylee :) I love that name for a girl or boy!
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Bailey is for my oldest boy it's an ancestors name and I just love it. It fits him so well

Quoting momLeanne2010: Off the subject. .. but my daughters name is Baylee :) I love that name for a girl or boy!
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Thanks I didnt think of that! I think there is another bailey in the other class room so dont want any mix ups. You think adding his last name would help?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Please include your child's name. Seriously, my son got an invite last week. Didn't know who it was for, parents forgot to put her name on it. He didn't go because I couldn't figure out who it was for and it said to rsvp and there was no way to do that.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:22 AM
Yeah. Sonora ca on Facebook its Big Dreams Universally accessible parks and playgrounds. We have been fighting the county for a while now so its been a standstill. Spread the word cause every playground needs to be accessible to every child

Quoting mona165: Really? Where, can you give me more info?

Quoting MsEmma88: Well hunny you would love this organization we have locally called BIG DREAMS they have been working to put accessible playground equipment in all the local parks so everyone can have fun and enjoy. We are very involved. My mom is wheelchair bound and cant play with my kids. Its amazing and ive been pushing to start chapters in other locations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)