Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This makes my heart hurt. *warning graphic pic*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This made me cry.

Update*
Looked it up on Wikipedia. Now I'm not sure what to think.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:01 AM

:( I just got done crying from the death post. How terrible. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:04 AM
I agree, I just want to hurry up and be off work so I can go hug my kiddos :(

Quoting JennPearce:

:( I just got done crying from the death post. How terrible. :(

thetrollcat
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:05 AM

oh man not this AGAIN!

redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:06 AM

It makes me angry. He was so overcome that he had to kill himself? Really....there were no other options to help these people? Fundraising, raise awareness, work for the peace corps, become a missionary, sell all your wordly goods to buy them needed food and supplies, anything that would actually make a difference in one life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:10 AM
Again? It just showed in my newsfeed on FB. I know it happened a while back, I had just never seen it before.

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh man not this AGAIN!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:14 AM
I agree and disagree. He could have done those things but, it would not have saved that one child. She was probably past saving but he watched her and didn't help her, or hold her as she died. She died alone, scared, unwanted, and unloved. He could have changed that.

Quoting redheadtmk:

It makes me angry. He was so overcome that he had to kill himself? Really....there were no other options to help these people? Fundraising, raise awareness, work for the peace corps, become a missionary, sell all your wordly goods to buy them needed food and supplies, anything that would actually make a difference in one life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:16 AM
My dad was with one of the first units to arrive in Somalia for Operation Restore Hope. So many were dying of starvation when they arrived. Dad has never talked about that much, he has always talked about other things, but I have always felt, seeing children like that, being a father of 5 and expecting his first grandchild at the time, that it was the hardest part about being over there.
HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:21 AM
So sad. My heart breaks for her and other children with the same circumstances.
AddictiveSide
by Don't worry-be happy on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:21 AM
You should probably read the story about this child, first, before making up shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:28 AM
Ok??? Why does it seem like I'm missing something? I saw this, it made me sad, I shared it. I mean what is with this forum tonight?

Quoting AddictiveSide: You should probably read the story about this child, first, before making up shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)