Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating on Girl Scout "goal"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I heard of moms who have changed their Girl's set goal for selling girl scout cookies so they could get their prize. How do you feel about this? Discuss. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:35 AM
Prizes are given when they reach a set goal.. same for everyone. girl scouts don't get anything for their personal goal... At least not here
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:39 AM
Individual goals are usually set to go along with whatever prize the girl wants.

I'm confused to how this feels like cheating you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Banana.Time
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:40 AM
You only get prizes when you reach a certain amount of cookies.
anchorgurl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I was reading an article about parents raising narcissists just last week.  This is an example of something that parents raising narcissists would do.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:45 AM
I used to be a girl scout some time in the cretaceous period. The goals for the pizes were set by the fundraising company, not the parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Or setting the goal after sales are over to ensure they met their goal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
They don't even have to set a goal. They can just sell.
The prizes and the amount you have to sell to earn are set through corporate and council. The troop had nothing to do with it

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Or setting the goal after sales are over to ensure they met their goal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Apparently I  was a Girl Scout pre-Cretaceous period because we didn't get individual  prizes for selling cookies.  The troop got money from the total sale...that was it.

Quoting Rhodin: I used to be a girl scout some time in the cretaceous period. The goals for the pizes were set by the fundraising company, not the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Ok I have no experience with girl scouts except for my week as a brownie (they are part girl scouts right??) but parents have been messing with fundraiser crap since the invention of "child run" fundraisers. I remember as a kid my mom would pretty much just do it for me and hand me the filled out order sheet when I had a school fundraiser. I remember one year my uncle bought enough chocolate bars to get my brother some stupid prize at school because he didn't meet the goal. It goes along with school projects that clearly the parent did and not the child. It's annoy to see now that I'm a parent but can't control what others do so no point in worrying about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)