Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LIFE WITHOUT THE SMART PHONE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I am addicted to my tech. I always have my phone and look at it probably 100x a day. I can honestly say that I lived more "in the moment" pre smart phone.
Has technology become too much of a distraction for you?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi749
by Canadian on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM

For me, no..I still have not replaced the cell phone I lost back in Oct/Nov... My SO drives me a bit batty with his use of his iPhone 5.. But he also uses it for work, so he has a half decent excuse for how much he is on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:16 AM
I am on my phone a lot too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:16 AM
I'm seriously considering buying a cheap standard phone so the temptation is gone for me.

Quoting heidi749:

For me, no..I still have not replaced the cell phone I lost back in Oct/Nov... My SO drives me a bit batty with his use of his iPhone 5.. But he also uses it for work, so he has a half decent excuse for how much he is on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM

I've never had a smart phone they seem pointless to me. But yeah I'm probably on my computer to much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:19 AM
It was to me until I got one. Now my calendar, banking, credit cards, internet use, phone calls.... all on my phone, and then some.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I've never had a smart phone they seem pointless to me. But yeah I'm probably on my computer to much.

heidi749
by Canadian on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:22 AM

That may work. I am on my computer a little too much probably, but using my phone that way, I never liked to, too small of a screen.....

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm seriously considering buying a cheap standard phone so the temptation is gone for me.
Quoting heidi749:

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM

I'm constantly on my smartphone, but that's the way it has to be and there is nothing to be done about that. I have an extremely demanding job and I need to be accessible at least most of the day, plus over half of my material is wired, plus my schedule is insane and my smartphone is how I manage to not forget things.

The only way I could avoid overuse of technology is by changing jobs, which is so not going to happen on so many levels. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM
I had a smart phone before they blew up and everyone had one. I miss my Motorola razor. I tell my husband all the time I would go back to my old phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:28 AM
I think smartphones destroyed people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I've used dh's before (now he is obsessed with his even in the house he carries it around from room to room lol) and the screen size just annoyed me. Dh is always trying to get me to upgrade my cell for a smart phone and I'm just like nope all I want to do on a cell is make a call and be able to turn it off so no one can contact me if I want to be left alone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It was to me until I got one. Now my calendar, banking, credit cards, internet use, phone calls.... all on my phone, and then some.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)