Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously ! You're An Idiot !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

It is 8:30 am here and I just got a phone call from my freaking sister telling me that she is completely out of formula for her daughter. 

SERIOUSLY !?!?!?!?!

She thinks this is perfectly acceptable to just call me and tell me this and expect me to jump in my car and go get her formula. Well that is not happening. Why? Because I am two hours away in Boston ! I was there yesterday and we went out and got lunch and stopped in a shop that was right there. It was lovely. The supermarket was across the freaking street ! I would have taken her over there.

Now she is pissed off because I "won't" take her to get formula. No I can't take her and even if I could I am getting really really really fed up with this crap. I work and my husband works and yes we both have cars. I take her out to do groceries and to doctor appointments. 

She complains that I insist she make the doctor appointments for first thing in the morning and she has a baby. I work. I need to keep my job. If I go in two hours late then I have to stay two hours later to keep my boss happy. I'm lucky enough that I can work these appointments that are not even mine in. I am lucky to have a great boss who lets me do this. She complains that if I go shopping with it we have to go late and it is so busy. I work ! I have to go in the evenings or on the weekend. This is what people who work have to do. This is the real world !

Her boyfriend works full time as a store manager for a fast food chain so he has to have the car with him during the day. She knows this. That means she needs to freaking pay attention to the supplies she has and buy more when we are available. Not when she freaking runs out. 

I told her I can't help her since I am too far away and to get a cab. She's complaining about the cost which yes it is a lot. It is cheaper to just let the damn cabbie sit there for a minute while you run into CVS for a can of formula. She flipped out when I said this and announced that it isn't "my money" and I need to shut up. Nope. It's my car and I am pissed at being screamed at and woken so early when it is not my damn problem. It's Sunday and I have no child so I wanted to sleep in. Moron.

Well I think it is time someone got a wake up call. I am going to love going into work on time and going home on time for a while. She can suck my ass. I am fed up. They can figure out how she is getting to appointments and marketing from here on out. I do not need to worry about that. Maybe she can grow up and figure her life out a bit better. Like how to treat people.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:53 AM
She's an idiot.
rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. She's a big girl who can start acting like one. You're only enabling her bad behavior.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:56 AM
I wouldn't be shuttling her around anymore. She will have to figure it out on her own.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Why can't her BF miss work to take her? Or go shopping when he's not working? I'd be pissed too.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM
There isn't any kind of public transportation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:59 AM

I tend to be really good abotu not enabling her. She will call about forgetting milk and I tell her to have her guy pick it up on the way home. She whines that she wants to make something and I tell her that she has to change her plans because I am not going out to just get milk when she needs to remember that since we were just out. She whines and I ignore her. She gets what she wants later in the day. But this is formula and just freaking stupid of her. She was told I was going away but she ignores anything that doesn't revolve around her. 

Quoting rockgal81: Yep. She's a big girl who can start acting like one. You're only enabling her bad behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Our town does not get any buses at all. The best you get is to call a cab. 

Quoting bleumonster: There isn't any kind of public transportation?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM
Sucks to be her maybe her boyfriend should suck ut up leave work to get the formula.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:03 AM

I feel bad for that baby who is probably starving if she does not find away not that its your fault just fucking sad she waits until it ran out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)