Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this really bothers me a lot!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM
  • 186 Replies
2 moms liked this
Where do people go off saying that parents who teach their kids about God and His Grace is somehow "programing" then to not think for themselves?
Last I knew, the freedom offered through Christ is the one and only true freedom in existence. He died so that we would all be able to live forever in freedom and awesomeness forever. To free us from the bondage we placed on ourselves.

In my opinion, when parents try to raise their kids to "think for themselves" is when they are programing their kids. Raising the kid to believe in being an Atheist makes more sense than to raise the kid to be confused and indecisive.

It just makes little sense to me when parents try to say that they are raising their kids to think for themselves and decide what they want to believe but the parents are obviously refusing to let their kids hear anything about God other than the opinion of the parents.

If you don't want your kid to be Christian then teach them your beliefs and stuff. Don't be stupid and raise them to be indecisive and blind as you are about truth. That doesn't help anyone.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Amen
Gypsy.Scribe
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:05 AM
13 moms liked this
Because many people believe that their children should be able to choose whichever path they want to choose. Those people don't feel like there is only one true way.

Letting your children make their own decisions is not "programming" them lol
SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM
6 moms liked this

Um...no. I go to church, I take DD with me for the social aspect only, but I'm not going to push anything on her. Her religion is her choice and hers to make alone.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Ditto.

Quoting SlytherinQueen:

Um...no. I go to church, I take DD with me for the social aspect only, but I'm not going to push anything on her. Her religion is her choice and hers to make alone.

Sassy762
by 200 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM
14 moms liked this

Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Why do I keep clicking on this?
Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
DS is expected to go to church with me and attend religious school. IDGAF if that means I'm programming him.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM
9 moms liked this

My grown children were all raised to think for themselves.  This meant they were educated about many things, taught how to evaluate what they read and see, draw conclusions, and make decisions based on those abilities.  

Your opinion on that is irrelevant to the wonderful adults I've raised.

What it does tell me is what kind of human being you are.  I'm not impressed.

Hubris_Huntsman
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:16 AM
11 moms liked this
Teaching them your religion isn't programming them any more than teachig them not to steal or teaching them manners is programming them. People should butt out of other people's parenting unless it's CPS worthy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)