Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is just a cry baby.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Ok, my parents live in a small camper and I came down to visit. The plan was to set a tent out so I and the kids sleep in. They changed the plan, dad sleeps on the couch and me, mom and a child sleeps on the bed while the other sleeps on the floor. Dad isn't up and mom wants to go in the living room. Now she is crying, whining and everything because of it. She keeps whining stating "he needs to wake up." Mom has a short expand but still your grown and still act like a baby?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:47 AM
My mom has a lot of maturity issues as well. She's nearly 70 years old and loves to give the silent treatment during visits if she's not sufficiently entertained and catered to.
143myboys9496
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM

My mother is 70, is passive aggressive, plays the 'wilting wallflower' when it's convenient for her, and growing up thought withholding her love was an appropriate form of punishment. 

Additionally, her and my father have the expectation that it's my and my brother's responsibility to 'take care' of them. 

I think not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:52 AM
Seriously, my mom needs to grow up and act her damn age. Next time I come down, I'm getting a camp site.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My mom has a lot of maturity issues as well. She's nearly 70 years old and loves to give the silent treatment during visits if she's not sufficiently entertained and catered to.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM
It's been my general experience that MOST people only become more and more solidified into their personality type. So when you're dealing with miserable people, your best bet is to, at the very least, not expect very much change if they're older. I know I've been waiting on my mom to mature and not constantly embarrass herself and everyone around her since I was a young child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Seriously, my mom needs to grow up and act her damn age. Next time I come down, I'm getting a camp site.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My mom has a lot of maturity issues as well. She's nearly 70 years old and loves to give the silent treatment during visits if she's not sufficiently entertained and catered to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:32 AM
It's gets annoying to see a grown ass adult whine because of something stupid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's been my general experience that MOST people only become more and more solidified into their personality type. So when you're dealing with miserable people, your best bet is to, at the very least, not expect very much change if they're older. I know I've been waiting on my mom to mature and not constantly embarrass herself and everyone around her since I was a young child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Seriously, my mom needs to grow up and act her damn age. Next time I come down, I'm getting a camp site.

TB78
by Tasha on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Hmm I wonder if she doesn't like living in a small camper and if maybe your dad not being awake was the last straw.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:36 PM
No, she says she likes the camper.

Quoting TB78: Hmm I wonder if she doesn't like living in a small camper and if maybe your dad not being awake was the last straw.
Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Hmm you're whining about her whining, and calling someone a grown ass adult, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's gets annoying to see a grown ass adult whine because of something stupid.
Quoting Anonymous 2: It's been my general experience that MOST people only become more and more solidified into their personality type. So when you're dealing with miserable people, your best bet is to, at the very least, not expect very much change if they're older. I know I've been waiting on my mom to mature and not constantly embarrass herself and everyone around her since I was a young child.

CookiMakinMomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:40 PM
So go in there and wake him up. I would. I wouldn't even care if he got pissed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)