Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drinking While Pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Does your kid have any problems as a result of light drinking during pregnancy? I allowed myself to be peer pressured into having a glass of wine the other night, while I'm in my 2nd Trimester. I kicked my husband out because I found out he's been lying for a year now about going to therapy. He's been lying to me about many things, so many I think it's pathalogical. I don't know if he's cheating on me because he lies so well. He's in a mental hospital and I think I'm having a break down and getting divorced. I feel stupid for having the wine now. But a lot of reports seem to say it's okay. Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summer_Lynn
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt idc what the books or people say.
_MissMissfit_
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's selfish and immature.
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:28 AM

You'll probably be alright. But did you know, there is a 7 minute window during pregnancy when the nails are growing in which a drink can cause a deformity in the nails? I have no idea where I read that, I can't even back it up and I didn't read it in more than one place. But the darndest things can happen.

In all honesty, I really wouldn't worry, just don't make it a habit.

ilovemylo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:29 AM
I wouldn't.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:31 AM

In my 8th or 9th month of pregnancy with my son I had a margarita with only 1/2 shot of tequilla.  With my second pregnancy I had a small glass of wine like twice in my last trimester.  Neither child had any ill effects from that.

smellycat97
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:31 AM
I never did (couldn't legally anyways).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:32 AM

I'm sure that many people drink before they find out that they're pregnant, but I wouldn't drink at all if I knew that I was pregnant. I didn't drink while pregnant, so my kids don't have any problems.

I have heard that some doctors say that a small amount of alcohol may be consumed with no harmful effects, but I'm sure there are other factors that play into that. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I hope that you have a healthy baby.

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I've heard from many people that a glass of wine once in awhile is ok during pregnancy.  That being said, I didn't have any alcohol during pregnancy because I'm not great at at sticking to just one glass when I get started.  I think baby should be fine but definitely don't make it a habit

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM

You'll be fine.  There is no research that shows 1 glass of wine will harm your unborn child. Its totally a personal choice. What bothers me about your post is you caved to peer pressure.

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Great point.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm sure that many people drink before they find out that they're pregnant, but I wouldn't drink at all if I knew that I was pregnant. I didn't drink while pregnant, so my kids don't have any problems.

I have heard that some doctors say that a small amount of alcohol may be consumed with no harmful effects, but I'm sure there are other factors that play into that. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I hope that you have a healthy baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)