Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
so my uncle is in the hospital,because he had two stokes, so he was admitted and put on 24/7 watch because of his risk for falling. well he fell hit his head and is now on life support. I'm very very angry. and was wondering if this is a result of malpractice or neglect? he has absolutely no brain activity now. help.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM
bump
PickYourPoison
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM
24/7 watch would pretty much mean he had to have a nurse in his room at all times... If he was a fall risk they have alarms they could've attached to him to alarm his nurse he was getting up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM

You would have to speak to an attorney about that. It's possible that the hospital is not at fault, and it's also possible that they are somehow liable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:52 AM
he had an alarm, and the nurse only had theee patient's because they all needed to be watched.

Quoting PickYourPoison: 24/7 watch would pretty much mean he had to have a nurse in his room at all times... If he was a fall risk they have alarms they could've attached to him to alarm his nurse he was getting up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:55 AM
we will be speaking to one, just wanted to see other opinions on this.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You would have to speak to an attorney about that. It's possible that the hospital is not at fault, and it's also possible that they are somehow liable.

PickYourPoison
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:56 AM
She may have been helping another one out.. If he was with it enough to get up then he could've used a call light.

Quoting Anonymous 1: he had an alarm, and the nurse only had theee patient's because they all needed to be watched.

Quoting PickYourPoison: 24/7 watch would pretty much mean he had to have a nurse in his room at all times... If he was a fall risk they have alarms they could've attached to him to alarm his nurse he was getting up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM

medical neglect....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Good luck! I'm sorry that your family is having to deal with this :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: we will be speaking to one, just wanted to see other opinions on this.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

summerlove3677
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My grandpa had a stroke in Sept and it caused a bleed on his brain.  The ER messed up and said his blood count was fine so he could have this brain surgery he needed to get the blood out.  He forgot to sign the transfer papers for him to be sent to the ICU.  We waited three hours.....when we finally got the papers signed and him transferred, the OR doc looked over his blood work, even though the ER doc said everything was fine.  Turns out, it wasn't. His blood was so thin that if he had the surgery, he would have bled to death.  The ER fucked up and the OR doc was pissed.  It took three more hours to get the blood products ordered, delivered and run through his body before he could have the surgery.  By than, the blood clot in his brain had grown so big, it pushed his brain over to the side and damaged his brain stem.  

He passed a few days later.  We filed a report with the hospital but didn't sue.  We wanted the doc and ER to have more training so this didn't happen to another family.  The hospital admitted that the ER doc dropped the ball big time.  They are going to be using my grandpa's case as part of their teaching tools.  

Honestly, suing does nothing.  The money won't bring him back.  I'm sorry.  I would file a report with the hospital though so they can look into it and prevert it from happening to another family.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)