Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What else can we do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this
My parents own two houses right next door to each other. They live in one and rent out the other one. I also rent but in another city. Because my daughter has health issues, we need more help and my mom wants to help us so we are talking about moving into her rental house.

My lease is up in July, their lease is up in August. School starts in the middle of August. We don't want the kids to have to move a few weeks after they have started school. We are hoping there is a way we can get moved in before the start of school. The other renters also have school aged children.

When my parents went to tell them they were not going to renew the least, the people offered to buy the house. My parents said no because when they first moved in, it was understood that they would rent it out for no more than 3 years. They told the people they were going to sell the house to us.

It is understood that they will have to move out by the end of August, however, we are trying to convince my parents to be more active in convincing the people to move earlier. They have offered to give them back their deposit in full despite the wear and tear on the house (they did not keep it up, there will need to be at least a week's worth of work done on it before we can move in).

We also offered to pay for the month of June if they could move out by the end of June, then there would be no penalties and they get a free month of rent. This would mean we are paying 2 rent bills but it would be worth it.

They are considering it.

In the meantime, can you think of anything else we could do to sweeten the pot or convince them?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)