Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little exchange student is...

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM
  • 39 Replies
Homesick.

And actually sick, on a regular basis. And over-worked. Iam actually very disappointed in the school, and how they are treating this whole situation. It is almost like him winning titles and gold for them is more important than his happiness and welfare.
Anyway, how do I deal with a homesick child from a non-English speaking country. I know enough German and he speaks enough English that normally we can converse alright, but broken languages are not muchcomfort when you upset and sick. He is so sweet and polite, it really seem fair for him to be so sad all the time.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:52 PM
First!
squeekers
by squeekers on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:58 PM
We had exchange students from Spain, France, Germany. My Aunt and Uncle had exchange student twins from Japan. We used to go to the JC to the language department for conversation assistance.
tinybluemoon
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM
LOL, silly anon. This post will get 20 replies top and half of them will be spam.

Quoting Anonymous 1: First!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Can he skype with his family at home? 

FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Can he Skype? Will that help?
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Can he call home frequently? Maybe try and cook his favorite foods? Keep him busy with site seeing and things like that?
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Have "German Night" at home. Cook up some german food and snacks. Look up German movies.  Have him call home.  Find some other local German exchange students and have them hangout.  Not sure what else you could do....

tinybluemoon
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM
He doesn't really have any family. He has 'B', and I am still not sure who B is. He isn't his father, brother, uncle. He just is. The whole family thing is very weird for this one.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Can he skype with his family at home? 

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Huh? I don't reply to you that often

Quoting tinybluemoon: LOL, silly anon. This post will get 20 replies top and half of them will be spam.

Quoting Anonymous 1: First!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM
I don't even believe you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)